Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Vancouver
Concorde
Concorde

Re: P3d v4.4 out now!!!

Post by Vancouver »

DaveG wrote:
01 Dec 2018, 08:42
The old default Beechcraft aircraft were removed at the request of Textron, so it was not LMs decision to do so.
Yaboo sux to Textron then :rant: https://www.textron.com/About/Our-Busin ... n-Aviation

Wonder why they do not have the same proprietorial attitude toward their Cessnas which they seemingly own then?
Alex

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Did a full reinstall this morning followed by Orbx. Installing this along with AEC took most of this afternoon 8) Pmdg 737 didn't want to install until I'd removed every trace of the old install, which after, installed fine. Reinstalled A2A connie, which I didn't need to uninstall as it originally installed outside p3d :doh: I want to try a few flights before installing QW146 as I seemed to be suffering old stutters in all aircraft after installing it a few weeks ago. Some forums suggest Fsuipc may be at fault. The unregistered version is shipped with the 146. I don't use fsuipc for anything else at the moment, so will see how it goes for a bit before trying it again, maybe an up to date registered version will do the trick
Only tried a few test flights up to now and it's hard to say if its better or not. Seems smoother and rates look better but maybe wishful thinking ;)
Dale
Image Image Image

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

I installed over the weekend, so far so good and I have not found any problems.

Yes all the Beechcraft AC are removed, the B56 and King Air 350 from the FSX days and the Caranado A36 that was added later. Rumor has it that Beech's parent company wanted a big licencing fee to have them included. They did add Caranado's Commander 114 to replace the A36 but as always I made a backup of my P3D folder before doing the de-install/re-install process and it was a simple matter to copy the folders in SimObjects/Airplanes back in.

I agree with Dale that it does seem smoother than before.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

I've only played with it a little and it does seem very smooth, but of course, that's most likely due the fact that I've yet to add any scenery, cloud textures or other add-ons. I watch Q8Pilot's channel on Youtube, and have followed his advice on settings for both the sim itself, and Nvidia Inspector & control panel. He's found slight stuttering under certain circumstances, so you still have to do a little bit of tinkering to suit your computer specs. What does strike me is that the image is noticeably sharper than v3, and with the same Nvidia driver too.

I had considered moving to X-Plane, but with so many good P3D add-ons stored away, I think it was worth accepting the disadvantages. Plus, you can dress P3D up in so many ways, and it's under constant development too. And no more VAS issues either - just load it up with extras until your CPU and GPU start screaming. :lol:

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Okay, I think I've spotted PBR:

If this is it, what is it doing ? Nice reflective effects - that you never ever see on jet nozzle petals. They are always a dark matt grey or blackened. The duller metal forward of it - is that PBR too? If so, I've seen just as good metal textures in many aircraft before. Why is everyone jumping up and down about this ? Why don't I get it ? *-) :lol:

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Here's a composite shot of my Hunter while fiddling around with PBR textures.

The left half of the shot has PBR materials applied, the right half is standard materials.
This was only a quick application to get the feel of the new materials, and is in no way meant to be 100% realistic. :worried:
Dave G.

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Don't know if any of you guys are using qw146 in v4.4 ? The upgrade seems to have broken it. No hydraulic actuation for flaps and spoilers Seems it's a problem with fsuipc I've uninstalled the module for now and everything seems fine , although no fsuipc.
Awaiting a proper fix :worried:
Yesterday I had problems with CTD for the first time since having p3d. It looks like it's the ISG fmc I use in DM's 1-11 that's causing it. It didn't seem to like the path where the flight plans were stored :dunno: Uninstalled that also for now 8)
Dale
Image Image Image

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

DaveG wrote:
09 Dec 2018, 21:16
Here's a composite shot of my Hunter while fiddling around with PBR textures.

The left half of the shot has PBR materials applied, the right half is standard materials.
This was only a quick application to get the feel of the new materials, and is in no way meant to be 100% realistic. :worried:

Now I can see the benefit of PBR, thank you Dave. It's subtle, but that is as it should be - it has genuinely enhanced the realism. I'm sorry to carp on about it, but I'm afraid there will be few examples of such subtlety and restraint. I think that until the novelty wears off, we will see more chrome-plated jet nozzles - i.e. demonstrations of what PBR is capable of, at the expense of reality. :dunno:

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

It will probably be like when bump mapping first appeared and every model had six inch high rivets and panels! :lol:

The Hunter in the picture just used the same metallic map as the default F-16 on the fuselage and wings, everything else is still the old standard materials.
To be done properly, the diffuse map (now called albedo) will need to be changed, mostly to remove any shading.
The new metallic map defines the actual appearance, with the various RGBA channels containing information on smoothness, metallicness (is that a word?) and ambient occlusion.
Dave G.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

DaveG wrote:
11 Dec 2018, 15:12
It will probably be like when bump mapping first appeared and every model had six inch high rivets and panels! :lol:
:lol: Yes, exactly! And 'metallicness' will do for me. ;)