BT or Virgin ?

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: BT or Virgin ?

Post by Paul K »

Chris, please let us know the outcome - I hope it's resolved to your satisfaction.

I've been looking at other options such as Sky, but every ISP satisfaction ratings website differs in its conclusions - pretty much like this thread! :lol: Virgin is odd-on favourite at the moment, even though I know I'll face a deluge of their junk mail and cold calling trying to sell more things on top. Much thinking to be done, and I don't like that.

Buggyman
VC10
VC10

Post by Buggyman »

Well the router arrived on time as predicted.

Then this morning at 0800 we had a phone call from Alan - our Open Reach contact - to say that they had switched our line to fibre. A very quick breakfast followed by a test of the system. A program that took 1 1/2 hours to download on Sunday took less than 2 minutes today and a speed test, using BT's own tester, gave us a speed of 51.76 mbps. A quantum leap in our connection for sure.

With both phones and downloads working at the same time I think we have cracked it at last.

Thank You BT.

ATB

Allan

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Allan, great news! Think of all those juicy flightsim add-ons you can now download. :lol:
Thanks for letting us know. :thumbsup:

Buggyman
VC10
VC10

Post by Buggyman »

Paul K said: "Think of all those juicy flightsim add-ons you can now download."

You forgot to add: 'and can afford to buy...………….' :lol: The boss wants to know who is paying and while they are at it can she have a new washing machine please. :poke:

Allan