Further Question Regarding New Computer

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Further Question Regarding New Computer

Post by Nigel H-J »

Both Babs and I picked up a nasty virus just before Christmas and although I recovered before Christmas Day Babs was still unwell.

Now we are much better I am going to order a computer next week but one question I need to ask is that I presently use a 300 Mbps Mini Wireless N USB Adapter. When ordering a computer would it be better to have something like a WIRELESS 802.11 Gigabyte GC-WB1733D-1 AC 1734Mbps + BT5 PCi-E Card instead of using the USB one and would it make a difference to any downloading I do?

Or secondly I have been looking at the Z390 chipset Motherboard if I go for an Intel i7-9700k it offers additional features such as native USB 3.1 Gen2 ports and integrated Wireless-AC 2x2 160 MHz WiFi hardware. By that does it mean that I would not have to have either of the above? Sorry that this is a stupid question but my knowledge of all things technical are above me at times!! :lol:

Many thanks in advance.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

DaveG
The Gurus

Re: Further Question Regarding New Computer

Post by DaveG »

If the motherboard has integrated WiFi, then, no, you won't need a wireless adapter. Just check the motherboard has actually got the hardware and they're not just listing everything the chipset is capable of!
Dave G.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Further Question Regarding New Computer

Post by Nigel H-J »

Many thanks Dave. :thumbsup:

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.