New 'Just Flight' forum problem

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

New 'Just Flight' forum problem

Post by Paul K »

Has anyone had problems moving to the new Just Flight forum ? Registered users such as myself are advised as follows:

If you had an account on the old forum please use the password reset function on the login page with your old forum email address. We transferred over all usernames that had visited the old forum since the start of 2016.

I've tried the password reset procedure 3 times now, but haven't received a single email. For my JF account, I'm using Outlook and I have checked my junk mail folder each time. Nothing there at all.

DaveG
The Gurus

Re: New 'Just Flight' forum problem

Post by DaveG »

I just ended up registering again. :dunno:
Dave G.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

DG, did you need a new user name ? I've just tried to register, but my name is taken - presumably by me! Why do these things have to be so difficult ? 8)

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Yes, I did need a new user name. "DaveG" was taken, so now I'm simply "Dave" :lol:
I wasn't sure which email address I'd originally used, but tried both my usual ones but didn't get a "password reset" mail on either. It didn't flag up with address already in use when I re-registered so either I picked a different one this time or it wasn't saved anyway. :dunno:
Personally, I don't like the style/layout of the new forums.
Dave G.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Thanks for the info, Dave. I might send them an email.

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

I just logged onto the new forum with relatively little problems. If you are a previous user just use the forgotten password tab and you will get an e-mail asking you to reset it then you should get in alright.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

simondix wrote:
16 Feb 2019, 23:43
I just logged onto the new forum with relatively little problems. If you are a previous user just use the forgotten password tab and you will get an e-mail asking you to reset it then you should get in alright.
That's what I'm doing Simon, to no avail. I've tried about 5 or 6 times now, and the email never arrives. I've looked through all the folders in Outlook to see if they've been deemed spam. I've also made sure I am logged out of the old forum in case that's causing a problem - but no joy.

Could Windows Security Essentials or Malwarebytes be blocking the email in some way ?

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

I use Microsoft Security Essentials. So maybe not that.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Thanks, Simon. I've re-registered as Paul_K and all seems well. A first-world problem, but it is a bit annoying when things like that happen. Case closed. ;)

PaulC
VC10
VC10

Post by PaulC »

About as reliable, accurate and technically sound as some of their products....