Saitek or CH.

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Saitek or CH.

Post by simondix »

I have pedals, yoke and throttle quadrant by CH. My quadrant has started to give up the ghost. Which should I go for as a replacemet. Stick with CH or go Saitek.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Saitek or CH.

Post by Vc Ten »

Hi Simon. No experience of CH products but after 10 years of use my saitek quadrant has the jitters on the spoiler axis Not sure if I have the courage to pull it apart to clean the potentiometer
Dale
Image Image Image

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

No I wouldn't dare pull my one apart either.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

I have a Saitek cyborg evo joystick & a Logitech extreme 3D pro joystick. The Saitek has gone sticky & has mechanical dead zones & i looked inside & found it almost impossible to gain access to the inside of the pots. So bought the Logitech - its a much better unit, very smooth & not so much artificial feel from the centring spring.
Now how that feeds across to a quadrant, or access to the pots for cleaning, sorry cannot help there!
Keith

Vancouver
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vancouver »

Vc Ten wrote:
21 Feb 2019, 10:14
Hi Simon. No experience of CH products but after 10 years of use my saitek quadrant has the jitters on the spoiler axis Not sure if I have the courage to pull it apart to clean the potentiometer
Dale
Ditto - seems to be a Saitek thing, low grade components, high grade pricing. I wonder if under the Logitech branding they have improved.
Alex

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

I think I will stick with CH and get a replacement quadrant.

Thanks for the feedback everybody. I also noticed on other sites people having problems programming their Saitek yokes etc. Especially after other updates.
Simon

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

Probably not much use, but I rather like the look of these...

https://flyhoneycomb.com
A bird in the hand will probably sh!t on your wrist.

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

Yes I had a look but seeing my Yoke is OK as are my CH pedals then I think it is wiser to stick with CH and not mix. If all three needed replacing then I would certainly give it serious consideration. Anyway thanks everybody for the feedback.
Simon

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

Right I replaced the quadrant and still the same problem. I posted this to Avsim but so far no reply. Perhaps someone here may have an idea.

'CH Throttle Quadrant X and Y Axes

I have used the above for several years and recently it started to play up on the above two axes becoming unuseable. They are hyper sensitive and jump around when you move them making it impossible to increase or decrease revs, MP or mixture gradually. I thought it was because the Quadrant was old and had worn out. I purchased a new one and despite uninstalling and reinstalling the new one I have the same problem. I recently installed and the uninstalled the CH Control Manger and I have a sneaky suspicion theat may have caused the problem. I have cleaned the registry and tried to get rid off all references to that. If I use the axes on my yoke to replace the x-and y on the quadrant it works OK. The other axes work fine on the quadrant as do the switches and my CH pedals and Yoke. I use FSUIPC and it is the same on both FSX and P3Dv4.'
Simon

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Simon, I also have the CH Quadrant and have so far not had any problems with it but you mentioned in your post that you had uninstalled the CH Control Manger, why not just let windows run it? Just plug it in and Windows should recognize it as the CH Throttle Quadrant and you will be able to get it to work OK as well as calibrate it.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.