Panel attachment to Fs9 conversion to FSX acft.

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

hobby
Concorde
Concorde

Panel attachment to Fs9 conversion to FSX acft.

Post by hobby »

After watching a YouTube video on converting FS9 aircraft to enable use in FSX - essentially it involves removing the FS9 sound and panel files and replacing them with suitable native FSX sound and panel files.

I had no trouble with replacing the sound file. The panel file has so far proved impossible! I have tried two suitable FSX panel files but when I select the aircraft in FSX I see no panel at all. The aircraft responds to all controls, can be taxied, lights on/off and flaps/speed brakes can be operated correctly yet I see no comforting panel. Something - usually something simple, is wrong - I am making an omission or an error somewhere along the line and would be grateful for helpful advice.

DaveG
The Gurus

Re: Panel attachment to Fs9 conversion to FSX acft.

Post by DaveG »

I'm a bit confused (nothing strange there), FS9 sounds and panels usually work fine in FSX without any mucking about. :dunno:
Dave G.

Scorpius
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Scorpius »

I'm a bit confused (nothing strange there), FS9 sounds and panels usually work fine in FSX without any mucking about. :dunno:
Never known any sound files that did not transfer from FS9 to FSX. The only difference is the ability to use cones in FSX but that would make no difference.

:dunno:

Nev

hobby
Concorde
Concorde

Post by hobby »

For Scorpius and DaveG: I could not understand why one is advised in three YouTube videos to change the FS9 sound file to an FSX sound file when converting an FS9 aircraft for use in FSX.

It is also strange that in none of those films is one shown the FSX panel in place and operating in the converted aircraft.

Following the method described in the above films I have had almost no success in converting an FS9 Fiat G-91 for use in FSX. I can make an FSX panel appear and it is fully functional BUT when I attempt to change my view to one side or another the whole panel moves thus obscuring the intended view and rendering the whole exercise null.

Any help from forum members who have built FSX aircraft and panels would be much appreciated.

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Not sure which G-91 you're trying to convert, but there is already a FSX native G-91Y available at SimViation, Avsim and Flightsim.com, file name is wam_g91y.zip
Dave G.

hobby
Concorde
Concorde

Post by hobby »

For DaveG: Yes I've tried that aircraft. It is the twin engine version developed from the original Fiat G-91. The problem I had was that the virtual panel could not always be selected and that became rather irritating. Thanks for the HU.