Nvidia Sharpening tool

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Nvidia Sharpening tool

Post by simondix »

Has anybody downloaded the latest Nvidia drivers and switched on the sharpening tool. It seems to be an improvement.There is a post on SOH and Avsim. I have and it looks better to me.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

DaveG
The Gurus

Re: Nvidia Sharpening tool

Post by DaveG »

I did try it. Thought it looked pretty awful with the default settings even though most over at Avsim seemed to be raving about it. Looked unnatural to me. :dunno: However dialling back the settings to 0.1 or so looked much better IMHO.
Dave G.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Nvidia Sharpening tool

Post by Paul K »

I've just installed the latest Nvidia driver and have tried the sharpening tool in P3Dv4 using Manfred's C-47. With just the default sharpening settings there is a discernible difference. As an example, I took 'before' and 'after' shots - look at the words 'Manfold Pressure' as arrowed in the 'after ' shot:

Looking round a bit more, the lettering seems clearer on all the instruments. Look at the Garmin units - the text on the six buttons that run horizontally beneath each screen. It is sharper in the lower 'after ' picture. The speed limit placard at lower left is also just a tad sharper.

I don't think I'm imagining all this, or "seeing what I hope to see". Worth experimenting further, I think.