X Plane 11 - best weather engine ?

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

cstorey
Concorde
Concorde

X Plane 11 - best weather engine ?

Post by cstorey »

Thanks to all who helped with my choice of XP 11. After using it for a month I now come to the choice of weather. I have tried FSX 3.0 but in truth was not that happy with it, compared with the old days of Active Sky. There's not much difference in price at the moment, although i have seen some unfavourable reviews on ASXP . Views will be much appreciated

alemaobaiano
Trident
Trident

Re: X Plane 11 - best weather engine ?

Post by alemaobaiano »

I use ASXP and can't say I've seen any problems, it does what it sets out to do, and with the optional lower res cloud files doesn't seem to impact my system any more than the native weather. The various weather radars on my aircraft pick up the returns OK, and the ATIS function works on everything I fly so I never have a need to go back to it once I'm under way. Basically I fire it up before XP, load the flight plan if I am flying a planned route, and then forget about it until I land.

I did use FSGRW before ASXP came out, mainly as the version I already had for FSX worked for XP11, but once ASXP came out I switched over. Since then I have used it on every flight without even thinking about it.

TTFN
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this. – Terry Pratchett