Feelthere Phenom 100 Reflections fix

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

hobby
Concorde
Concorde

Feelthere Phenom 100 Reflections fix

Post by hobby »

I re-installed the above aircraft recently and I had forgotten about the distraction reflections in the VC. There used to be instructions freely available on how to cure these reflections - one can still find references to these cures on the web but all such zip files seem to be no longer available.

I think that one had to introduce or replace some dds files but I cannot remember how to do this - can anyone help please?

With the default reflections in place I tried to make an ILS approach at night into Edinburgh in poor visibility and rain - the reflection of a pilot in the windscreen was so distracting that I had to give up!!

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Re: Feelthere Phenom 100 Reflections fix

Post by Airspeed »

hobby wrote:
02 Dec 2019, 15:36
I re-installed the above aircraft recently and I had forgotten about the distraction reflections in the VC. There used to be instructions freely available on how to cure these reflections - one can still find references to these cures on the web but all such zip files seem to be no longer available.

I think that one had to introduce or replace some dds files but I cannot remember how to do this - can anyone help please?

With the default reflections in place I tried to make an ILS approach at night into Edinburgh in poor visibility and rain - the reflection of a pilot in the windscreen was so distracting that I had to give up!!

Have you tried this, Hobby?
https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/2597 ... flections/

hobby
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Feelthere Phenom 100 Reflections fix

Post by hobby »

For Airspeed:
Thanks for the link. I tried the method from the link but could not make those windscreen reflections disappear. Many thanks for the pointer.