INVISIBLE P3D

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Buggyman
VC10
VC10

Re: INVISIBLE P3D

Post by Buggyman »

Nev, I have always had the Orbx scenery files within the main P3D folder - it has always worked in the past. This time I tried having the library separate but this did not work as the install program seemed to ignore it half the time. So I have reverted to Plan 'A' for the time being but:

Nigel, it worked fine for the global install with scenery that looked basic but better than up to now. However when I installed the Global Vector it went t*ts up. Loading appeared normal and then it parked itself in the task bar, clicking on it produced either a complete inanimate black screen which was only removed via closing the application through the Task Manager - or the fleeting image zipping off screen to the right. Now it is unusable again I think I will just uninstall the whole lot and do a 100% fresh install into a different folder and take it from there.

As it is I have spent since 11 a.m. on this and I'm a little jaded so tomorrow it is.

Thank you both for your interest and tips; maybe tomorrow will bring something new?

TTFN

Allan

Buggyman
VC10
VC10

Post by Buggyman »

After the above I thought 'one more go?' and did. Result was that all the black squares/lakes had gone and the scenery looked passable. Tried Innsbruck and that area seemed to be fine. Will tootle on later adding a bit here and there to see how things pan out. :dunno:

Who knows, I may have …...er no let's not say that. :lol:

ATB

Allan

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Allan, maybe I should not write this but it sounds as though you may be getting there! :Dance:

I only suggested that changing the FTX Central back to version 3 may help with a big MAY!! :lol: I know the latest version of Central had caused me problems when re-installing ORBX Sceneries and although you have P3d thought that the ORBX installer may be at the root of your problem.

Looking forward to hearing how it all goes. Incidentally, when I had my problem with the scenery, I actually un-installed FSX completely then re-installed after changing back to FTX version 3 before installing ORBX, reason was I wanted to be sure that all files from ORBX were gone and wanted to start right from scratch. After a 2 day re-install :wall: everything was hunky dory.

If you still have problems then unfortunately it might be necessary to do the same. :hide:

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Buggyman
VC10
VC10

Post by Buggyman »

Well, so far, everything is working as it should. After each install I'm doing a restart and then having a quick flight in the area I have just added.

Seems to be working, continuing with caution :lol:

Next will be X-Plane………

SWMBOWQ say; "It's a hobby, you're supposed to enjoy it!" I always have the last words though, normally "Yes Dear" :poke:

ATB

Allan

Buggyman
VC10
VC10

Post by Buggyman »

Thought I had better give you all an update of how we are at the moment.

Most of the Orbx stuff less True Earth Southern England which gave me much grief when it was installed originally and TE The Netherlands has been installed. Each scenery add on was completed using FTX Central 3 which worked fine. After each install a restart was done and then a quick flight using the new scenery, if all was well then the next piece was installed and the whole thing done again.

It took a fair amount of time but I was not in a rush, preferring to take the trouble to get it right rather than rush off into the distance only to have to start again. As it stands at the moment I am 90% back to where it all went t*ts up on the old SSD. Now I have to download and install all the Just Flight stuff.

So thank you for your help one and all, it is very much appreciated, please have a :guinn: on me.

TTFN

Allan :welldone:

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Allan, :hello: really pleased to hear the good news, happy flying. :welldone:

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Scorpius
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Scorpius »

Well done Allen for persevering!

Ordered a new PC from Chillblast having specified it myself so I am about to embark on a similar journey.

Nev