Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

FSX control surfaces misbehaving

Post by Airspeed »

Weird stuff visits me.
Though the virtual cockpit yoke followed my desk top yoke, the ailerons failed to move. Took off anyway, and the aircraft would not bank.
Reset flight, tried different aircraft, external view showed no aileron movement and very limited down elevator. Virtual cockpit again showed yoke moving.
Re-calibrated pedals and yoke, and seemed to get normal responses with the default Cessna 172SP.
If the visual yoke received the full input in VC, how could the control surfaces not get the same message?
Any similar experiences or thoughts on this, please?

TSR2
The Ministry

Re: FSX control surfaces misbehaving

Post by TSR2 »

Sounds like you switched on the leveller, possibly from the keyboard? Can remember what the key is off the top of my head, but I’ve done that a few times by accident.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Tako_Kichi
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Tako_Kichi »

What Ben said could well be the case. Another thing to check is that you haven't accidentally turned on the AP via the keyboard as that will stop you moving control surfaces too. Don't ask me how I know I just do OK! :worried: :doh:

Being in multiplayer and using the chat box to type communications can cause all sorts of issues at times. I much prefer voice comms (like Teamspeak or Discord) but one guy I sometimes fly with does not have a headset/mic and will not get one so typing is the only option. If you fail to ensure that your cursor is inside the chat box text window BEFORE you start typing all sorts of funky things start to happen in the sim once you do start typing! :wall: :(
Larry

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Thanks Gents,
I must try to keep my desktop clearer.
Might have dragged the headphones across a key or two. *-)