New Microsoft Edge.

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Kevin Farnell
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: New Microsoft Edge.

Post by Kevin Farnell »

I got the new Edge too. It took a lot of setting up in Preferences to get it working how I liked it. One thing I did like was that it had a spellchecker.
This got me thinking why there wasn't one in Firefox. So I searched for info and found a box in Options/Languages needed to be checked. I looked at this to find it was checked!. Further searching found that Firefox comes with only US English language and dictionary packs, but UK versions can be added. This took seconds, so I know have a working spellchecker in Firefox.

Kevin
Stratospheric traces, of our transitory flight.
Trails of condensation, held in narrow paths of white...

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

It’s funny Kevin, the spell checker in the old Edge was actually better than the new one... the new one isn’t keen on words with apostrophes.
I do like Firefox, and if it had the Microsoft integrations I’d have chosen it in a heartbeat.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

I have just ditched Microsoft Edge as went on it just now and all my favourites (saved websites) had gone, re-installed Google Chrome and bless it, it had all my favourites there so now not using MS Edge any more as don't want to have to faff around with it!! :rant:

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Just import the favourites. They’ve all got wizards for that, but if your happy with chrome and don’t mind the lack of privacy there’s no reason to change.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Ben, I had everything set on Edge but for some reason nothing was there when I came on today, not bothered about privacy in Google as I lead a very sheltered life!! :lol:

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.