The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Re: UNUSUAL TEXTURES AND LOW FPS IN P3D

Post by Vc Ten »

Bet it's close to going out of the window
You have formatted the HD but I take it that's not the drive windows is on ??
Are you sure there's nothing in C: Program data C: users App data Local and roaming. Do a search for Lockheed Martin It will retain registry keys but that shouldn't matter. V5 base scenery isn't too bad I stopped using orbx base and vector and only use orbx regions and their airports now.
It's probably Lorby Organiser thats been mentioned. I use it to install any addon that's not got an "out of the sim" installer, and for resetting the scenery layers when the scenery auto installer gets them out of kilter. Don't try to reorganise orbx scenery manually or via Lorby as it will crash the sim at 70% loading scenery objects. Needs a full reinstall Been there, got the t shirt
Never seen grey areas though. Perhaps a screenshot would help
Hope you get it sorted. And then there will be Msfs 2020 to make us even more balder👴
Dale
Image Image Image

Buggyman
VC10
VC10

Post by Buggyman »

Realised just in time that a PC hitting a triple glazed window would be a) be in danger of a rebound, b) expensive and certainly a danger to my health. Having reach boiling point a comforting hand on the shoulder, a cup of tea and a chockky biscuit and the word: "it is a hobby - isn't it?" Damn, they are so clever... :lol:

So, before I begin a rebuild of scenery, any idea of the best order to install ORBX? This is the order I think it should be:

Global Base
Global Vectra
Open LC Europe
Open LC America
England
Wales
Scotland
TE England South
TE England Central
Germany North
Germany South
Australia
NZ
Buildings
Trees Libraries
and
Kitchen sink w brass taps....

Any ideas would be of help.

Allan

Buggyman
VC10
VC10

Post by Buggyman »

Almost forgot. The grey plates do not appear to there. Will do a few fly bys later on and check for sure. Oh and the Sequential message has gone too.

Must be doing something right :poke:

Allan

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Global scenery first then regions although orbx central "should" sort it Itself
Just a thought. Can you have installed, EU England and True Earth England at the same time ??
Looks like you're getting there though. Fingers crossed🤞
Dale
Image Image Image

Buggyman
VC10
VC10

Post by Buggyman »

Well Dale, I've been working on this for nigh on a whole day and - touch wood - it is going ok. At the moment I have not installed Germany North or South or TE GB South or Central as it may be that this double layering so to speak could be the cause of my stutters over UK and Germany. As it is I managed a flight from London City to LHR at around 500 ft following the Thames and got a steady 30fps. Once or twice it dropped to 28 but that's near enough for government work as my American pal says.

My poor old PC has never been turned on and off so many times, wearing out the switch next.

So, at present everything is going well EXCEPT that bloody non sequential layering message. I'm ignoring it as it has no impact on events and no one at ORBX admits to a problem but strange is it not that it came on immediately after loading my first ORBX scenery?

So off to Melbourne for a flit then over to NZ for the final add on of the day.

C Ya

Allan

Buggyman
VC10
VC10

Post by Buggyman »

Don't you hate it when something preys on your mind and you just can't get to sleep? Same here which is why at 2 a.m. I was up with a glass of milk by my side having 'one last go' on P3D.

The flight was Brussels - LCY a simple enough jaunt which - in the recent past - was fraught with stutters, unwanted pauses, green soup for terra firma and invariably an eventual CTD. So what happened? Nothing. Perfect flight with most of the way at 30 fps with an occasional drop due to cloud and reflections on the sea. So, to bed a happy bunny and up at 0730 still smiling.

I think that having TE on top of ORBX England was the cruncher. Now it is off I hope we have solved the basic problem.

Now, about this Non Sequential Layer Scenery thing, alrighty just jokin :poke: Not going to dabble out of my league.

Thanks to all for taking an interest, it helps to have a problem shared.

Cheers

Allan

Buggyman
VC10
VC10

Post by Buggyman »

Problem was not solved, in fact it got worse. No matter what I did with the ORBX add-ons the scenery was just not reacting. For example; with OpenLCEurope, England and GB Central I was still getting American farms and buildings and - my base - Leeming had strange hangars instead of the HAS site I know and love :lol:

Anyhow, never one to give in I have gone back and forth with P3D over the past few weeks including 2 complete reinstalls of P3D AND all the ORBX files but nowt worked. THEN this afternoon I was idling around the ORBX folder on my desk and saw the "Settings" tab and saw a tab entitled "Simulator Libraries" under P3dv5 it showed no library. Strange since I have been installing every ORBX folder into a library! Long story short, I changed the library setting to the actual setting (ORBX Library/p3dv5), took a deep breath and lit up P3D.

:excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

All the scenery files are installed and working. Oh boy, success at last. Spose it just shows that one should never give up but I was very close. So thank you to all who helped me on my way I learned a bit more and a day without having learned something is a day wasted.

Now to go fly.

Allan

Then I have to master MSFS 2020 :worried:

Buggyman
VC10
VC10

Post by Buggyman »

So, here we are again...… After all the uninstalling/reinstalling and correcting I am still at the place where:
I am not running with everything maxed out but the machine (PC) seems to struggle at times and goes into a pause. At this time the Task Manager is showing the PSU in the red and the CPU running at 98% BUT the GPU unit hardly showing barely 2 - 5%. I have not tinkered with the workings, being too thick to understand what I'm doing :lol:
Last evening on a quick flight from Yorkshire to Brussels the scenery slowly went from excellent to crap. By the time I was coasting out over the sea the land was just green but, surprisingly the sea was in detail :S As usual I fast forward 16x until the land is in sight and then reduce in stages to give the graphics a chance to 'catch up'. The land at this stage was just a brown desert with no features whatsoever. The jump from 8x to 4x is the killer and, as usual for me, P3D went into pause mode. Whilst in the pause mode the PC is giving it the beans, something is working very hard under the cover so I check with Task Manager and sure enough the CPU is going flat out and drawing power into the red 'very high' band and the GPU is just idling along at 2%. Again, as usual, after 5 minutes the message that P3D is not responding comes up and the only option is to end the session.

Sometimes P3D does recover and the scenery slowly comes back although it is not unusual to land on a black streak in the midst of a sea of green.

So, not being a techie, I am wondering if it is the GPU that is causing the problem? Surely it should be going at a fair lick to handle all the scenery I have? And why is it that in similar circumstances in Australia the PC copes without any problem?

I am at a loss but I won't be beaten so any ideas/suggestions would be welcome except "chuck it in the bin" which SWMBO suggested :lol:

Good job I've got FS2020 to fill in the gap...……..

ATB

Allan

+Even with a real time flight the scenery will deteriorate to a sea of green with grey strips for roads but will return as height is reduced by the time I'm on finals everything is 'normal' - but not every time. :dunno: