The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

ajb
Comet
Comet

Graphic card settings

Post by ajb »

Hi,

I've just upgraded to a new PC that might just run the new MS flight simulator. As ever when I change to a new graphics card, in this case an Nvidia RTX2060 super, I get real problems trying to get decent anti-aliasing. No matter what I try I cannot get FSX to look as good as it used to on my previous, much lowlier, PC. The default aircraft are OK but the instruments on payware aircraft are dfficult if not impossible to read, almost as if they were just a lot of scratchy vertical lines where letters and numbers are concerned.

I downloaded the X-plane demo, which is rather nice, and the instruments and panels and landscapes generally are crisp and clear.

Any suggestions as to how to get FSX looking better?

Andy
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6 core 4.2GHz
AsusTeK Prime B450M-A Motherboard
16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 1600MHz RAM
Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 Super 4Gb
3x 250Gb SSD + 1x 1Tb HDD

TSR2
The Ministry

Re: Graphic card settings

Post by TSR2 »

This rings a bell Andy, and I think it was something to do with a conflict between the settings on the driver and the setting in FSX. One thing that might be worth trying it to try it in Windowed mode and in full screen to see if it makes a difference. It did it when I got my RTX2070, but I can’t remember which setting was causing the issue.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Just checked and in FSX I’ve Trilinear filtering and anti aliasing ticked in FSX.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

ajb
Comet
Comet

Post by ajb »

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried windowed mode, no difference. I switched anti-aliasing on and trilinear filtering in the sim and already had the settings in the Nvidea control panel. Again, no difference. I normally run with about a 60% zoom out but if I zoom in around 80% it is better but I lose more instrument panel than I want.

I used to use Nvidia Inspector but that seems so complex now I get lost in all of the settings. Is this program still effective for FSX?

Andy
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6 core 4.2GHz
AsusTeK Prime B450M-A Motherboard
16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 1600MHz RAM
Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 Super 4Gb
3x 250Gb SSD + 1x 1Tb HDD