The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

dfarrow
Vulcan
Vulcan

fs9 9.1 patch

Post by dfarrow »

Guys ,
Am re-installing fs9 [ when graphics card driver issue fixed ] .Have beeen reminded to put in fs9, 9.1 patch .
Does anyone have one ? Or know where to find it please ?

Thanks ,
rgds dave f.

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: fs9 9.1 patch

Post by Dev One »

If you Google fs9.1 patch there are links to flyawaysimulation & flightsim.com. Don't forget if you need the NoCD patch to get the 9.1 patch version too.
Good luck
Keith

P.S. I have a copy if needed its entitled fs91upd.exe, if you google that a lot more possibilities & info come up. You must be near me in N Dorset....K

dfarrow
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by dfarrow »

Keith , many thanks for the nudge , must remember google . In looking , chanced on Aussiefltsim site .. in there how to find version .
Run fs , Alt , about fs , version comes up 9.1 in the old XP part of 'pooter and the one I loaded into Win 10 ...result !
Thanks again , one less job to do .
NCD exe , I copied from the XP one into win 10 one , no probs . thanks .
Need to do some serious printing of a solution and then try it fingers crossed . All because since Win 10 , Nvidia graphics drivers have not been allowed to update . We'll see , but think it will be long job tonight .

Yep , we're N Daarset , 6nm SW of EGHA , [Compton Abbas ] . From your Leonardo hint are you SW of Yeovil [ Judwin in old radio speak ] ?

Thanks again , much appreciated ,
rgds dave f.

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

Glad to hear your success, I've just been having fun after my son updated my W8.1 to W10......FSX played up, managed to sort it eventually by downloading the correct Visual Studio C++2005 update!
6 N.m SW puts you about 30 miles East of Beaminster!
Regards
Keith

dfarrow
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by dfarrow »

Keith , 'Bemster eh ! Now I know the '' Target for Tonight '' when setting Navigation targets for students from EGHA !
Wonder if I can get a stream of all 4 of our Pa28s nav'ing your way ? Just got the map out , you are 259T/20nm from home .
Well done you and your son's work . Our 'Boi like his dad , not 'pooter savvy .

rgds dave f

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

For pinpoint accuracy - we are exactly opposite the Doctors Surgery on the B3066!
Hope our double glazing keeps out the howl of eight american motors!!!!
Keith

P.S. Cos cannot get an angle readout on Google Earth nearest I can estimate is Child Okeford....?
K

dfarrow
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by dfarrow »

Keith , I know you're just seeing if I'm awake ...but is that the A3066 ? And most pilots navigate by pubs and curry houses , hopefully not Doc's surgeries !
Sorry again that would only be 4 Lycoming O320s , hardly an howl .... Suppose it would be better if we got the CA Harvard and Stearman over ... certainly more noisy .
Hoping to let a student find The Giant for me on Weds. Depends if he finds it , and 'wot the wind and time are , but outside chance of an unplanned diversion your way . Don't hold your breath 'tho.
More chance of Thurs when same Stude takes me to Dunkeswell via Blandford . I'll ask him to plan it via B'emster as well .

rgds dave f.

dfarrow
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by dfarrow »

PS. Yep , C. O. it nearly is . We're 1/2 mi S. Hanford , about 12 voters in the hamlet/parish .

rgds dave f.

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

My mistake, yes its an A road, but I navigate by Google Earth these days, so doctors surgeries very easy to locate!!!
What makes me think PA28 are twins????? Getting mixed up with RAE's/DERA/QinetiQ Chieftains.....They are/were 31's.......Keep away from the Tx antenna on the hill - Rampisham.... will try to keep an eye/ear open! Wonder if he can find the tunnel...?
My father when in the ATA used to navigate by church spires......post war he knew where he was when flying his Proctor that way! No two the same I think.
Keith

dfarrow
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by dfarrow »

Keith , thanks for reminder of Rampisham , the masts are a bit smaller now and the HIRTA [ Hi intensity , radio Tx , area ] has been removed as they no longer fry your brain cells if too close .

Him and me on tunnel ?

Hats of to your dad , that must have been challenging in those times . We were privileged to get Molly Rose as guest speaker to ou 45th college reunion. Bright as a button and fabulous speaker . Before ATA , she was a 'Marshalls' [ of Cambridge ] 'gurl . Her FI was 19 when she was 17 in '37 . In '71 he was CFI and did my GFT . I like to think that aviation has been going for 100 years , I've been in the last 1/3 of that , but I have a link to the second 1/3 . Just need a connection to the first 1/3 .
Mind you if Molly was anything to go by , your dad must have enjoyed himself meeting all those fabulous 'gurls .

You'd need an intimate knowledge of towers , or I suppose the style , architecture and building materials are quite different all around the country .
In my early days , with a skipper who'd started in BEA on Daks post war . If a late night GLA-LHR and radio quiet , he'd give position reports to ATC as pubs . ..... ''London , Bealine 4375 was Dog 'n Duck , Fellside at 2234 , FL 280 , estimate Rising Sun , Knowlbridge 2250 , Royal George , Malbury next ''.
ATC..'Bealine , aren't you going by Honiley beacon ' ?
Us ... ''London , Bealine , No , Rising Sun Knowlbridge 2250 '' .

rgds dave f .