Purchased Aircraft but.............

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Purchased Aircraft but.............

Post by Nigel H-J »

Purchased the Just Flight Vulcan and after about an hour and a half setting up and flying circuits found that it is not what I wanted, I had downloaded the demo version but I had not even completed one circuit before losing the cockpit, on trying again I just got the message We hope you enjoyed the demo with Buy Now written below and other options.

I made the purchase as I really like the Vulcan and thought I would buy as it was on sale but after actually completing a couple of circuits I just could not liken to it. Had the demo worked for a number of '15 minute flights' then I would have then been able to have more of an idea of whether or not I would actually make a purchase.

Just wondering whether any-one knows if Just Flight would allow a refund on the above basis or would I just be wasting time asking?

Any help would be grateful as to what I should do, keep it and learn from the lesson or see if they would allow refund or credit on another product?

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Scorpius
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Purchased Aircraft but.............

Post by Scorpius »

This from their website;

Code: Select all

REFUNDS (DOWNLOAD PRODUCTS)

Unfortunately, we are unable to keep track of installations, un-installations, removing or deleting downloadable software on customer’s PCs and therefore we are unable to issue refunds for downloadable products once any relevant product key has been sent and/or the software has been downloaded. However, if you have a problem with your software, please contact our support team and if we can’t resolve the matter we will, of course, ensure that you aren’t paying for something that you can’t use.
Does not sound promising but you could suggest that it does not meet your needs.

Nev

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

I think once you have activated the key code you are stuffed.
Whats about the aircraft that disappoints you Nigel??
Dale
Image Image Image

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

I’m a bit confused Nigel, you say you’ve bought it, but then say it’s in Demo mode?
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Ben, I tried the demo version a few weeks ago it says that you get around fifteen minutes flight time. It did not seem to be that long as I was only on final approach when the cockpit disappeared.
When I went to reload the Vulcan that is when I got the message demo over so deleted the Vulcan.

I just purchased the Vulcan but for some reason after around one hour of flying I simply do not like it, had the demo given me three separate flights I would have been able to make a more informed choice and not bought it .

Regards
Nigel

Nigel Edwards
Comet
Comet

Post by Nigel Edwards »

Hi Nigel,

Justflight are pretty good on refunds/exchange in general. I had both DC-8 packs; one worked very well, the other poorly and it was exchanged. Try raising a ticket on their support page; I've found them to be reasonable folks.

Best wishes and Happy Christmas

Nige
Things wasted to a pilot:

Runway behind you
Fuel in the bowser
Money in the bank

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

I think once you have activated the key code you are stuffed.
Whats about the aircraft that disappoints you Nigel??
Dale
Handling of the aircraft in general Dale, has not met my expectations, if the demo version could be run 2-3 times before ending then I would have gained a bit more insight as to how the aircraft flew and whether or not I would have made a purchase and sadly in this case I would not have done so.

I find it completely different to other aircraft I have and do not get any enjoyment in flying the Vulcan, as I wrote earlier, if the demo had given me more time to evaluate it then I certainly would not have made a purchase.

Hi Nev, guess I am going to have to keep it after reading refunds and obviously I can appreciate the reasons for not refunding. Nige also wrote that he had both DC-8 packs, unless there is a problem with the aircraft I am beginning to think this would be a waste of time but for me, the Vulcan will remain in the hanger gathering dust.

What do you chaps think! Should I try and put forward a case that the demo was only active for around fifteen minutes and did not really allow for a greater trial on the Vulcan! :dunno:

Regards
Nigel.

Nigel Edwards
Comet
Comet

Post by Nigel Edwards »

I'd try for an exchange and see what they say; nothing to lose?

Best wishes
Nige
Things wasted to a pilot:

Runway behind you
Fuel in the bowser
Money in the bank

chrispbits
Trident
Trident

Post by chrispbits »

Hi Nigel, apply for a refund. I bought the Tornado a while back but decided quite quickly that it wasn't for me. I raised a ticket with JF and they gave me a refund.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Very many thanks for all of your advice and have to say that those who had been able to exchange or refund their aircraft with Just Flight had spurred me on to raise a ticket on their support page, even though it was not sent until around 15.30hrs when they had most likely clocked off for Christmas (and who can blame them), I received confirmation that my ticket is now in their hands and decision will most likely come, I think, in the New Year.

Still, I am in no hurry but did write informing them that I would be more than happy to have credit in place of what I had spent on the Vulcan to purchase another model. So really hoping that they allow this as my reason for requesting refund/credit was on the basis of the demo only being fifteen minutes and not long enough to evaluate the Vulcan before purchasing.

With the VC10 coming out sometime in the very near future that is where my money will go, loved it in FSX and it will be just as good in X-Plane 11 no doubt.

Again, very many thanks for your responses, will let you know of their decision when they e-mail me.

Kind regards
Nigel.