The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

AndyMinx
Victor
Victor

CH Throttle set-up, HELP!!!!!

Post by AndyMinx »

Hey everyone!
Well I've finally taken the plunge and bought myself the CH 6 lever Throttle Quadrant to compliment my CH Pro-Pedals and CH Yoke BUT.....

Ive set them up ok however the throttles dont seem to be right!
On the totally idle detent on the levers the engine thrust levels are all over the place!
Even when all levers are pushed to full power only 3 of the engine levels change at all and still they're all over the place.
Can anyone suggest how they have thiers configured? (I know some people here have them).

I run the windows game control 'thingy' and it tells me all is well.

Cheers,
Andy M.

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Post by Rick Piper »

Hi Andy

I think you need to set them using FSUIPC.dll or they will be poo.

Regards
Rick :wink:

JimCooper
Lightning
Lightning

Post by JimCooper »

I have a GoFlight Throttle Quadrant.
That behaved in a similar fashion.

To set that up properly I had to go into the SETTINGS - ASSIGNMENTS menu in FS2004.
I had to remove all entries from the Joystick Column for both the BUTTONS tab and the AXES tab.
For some strange reason the first time I did it it reset so I had to do it again - Then it worked fine.

Regards

Jim
Last edited by JimCooper on 10 May 2006, 06:49, edited 1 time in total.

Kevin Farnell
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Kevin Farnell »

Rick Piper wrote:Hi Andy

I think you need to set them using FSUIPC.dll or they will be poo.

Regards
Rick :wink:
Although I don't have the CH6 throttle quadrant (yet!), I've been using the Yoke and pedals for several years. Neither of these require FSUIPC (I avoid having this on my PC), and can't see why a third input would require it.

Jim's suggestion should also work with CH products.
Alternatively, you could use CH products 'Control Manager' to customise your set up.

Regards

Kevin

AndyMinx
Victor
Victor

Post by AndyMinx »

Jim, I assume you mean remove all assignments from the Throttle quadrant then re-assign only the axis you need to use the controls?

Cheers,
Andy M.

AndyMinx
Victor
Victor

Post by AndyMinx »

Just thought I'd better let you all now know I've managed to sort it out myself. :dance:

Nothing more than the sensitivities being WAY out in the flight sim but thats all sorted now.

Thanks for your help anyway,

Cheers,
Andy M.

Jetset
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Jetset »

Dave B has got these throttles Andy, so maybe he will beable to help. I have the same as Jim, and once setup I have had no problems.
Onwards and Upwards!!!!!!!!
Jetty!
If God had of meant us to fly, he would have given us wings! He did, it's called an aeroplane!

airboatr

Mutiple controls

Post by airboatr »

Not that I'm a complete expert.........i hope i can bring
a few things to light...
I have 2 main controllers connnected to my computer
1 for flight sim and 1 for racing (papyrus nascar 2002
and some gt racing games)
now this is a bit different than the CH contollers where the
yoke is for steering the petals are for rudder and braking (depends)
and so on
with muti cotrollers like mine
saitek x52 and a thrustmaster force feedback steering wheel
by default both controllers will turn the plane or should I say try to, because of the conflict. infact the steering wheel turns when I try turn the aircraft with the joystick. but the effect to the aircraft is sluggish
to correct this properly the the assignments must be deleted from one of the controls, in this case the steering wheel, I want to the aircraft with the joystick.
Ok now this is where you might want to check something out with your setup in the assignments under the yoke command
if you have throttle controls on the yoke
unasign any throttle control assignments for the yoke
assign the throttles under the throttle tab
simply adjusting the sensitivities would not be the best way to correct the
conflict
also one more thing....... playing around with the steering wheel in the
control panel and setting my petals to work as one then allows me to use them as rudder petals and the other control buttons on the steering wheel for some view and aircraft comands keeeping my fingers off the keyboard

I hope this will help some or inspire thought in others

:tuttut: nice thoughts :lol:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Setting up a CH Throttle quad.... :crying: :crying:

Andy.. I had a great deal of fun (NOT) getting mine to work satisfatorily :roll:

The current setup on my flying pc includes CHPro Yoke, CHPro Pedals, GoFlight T8, P8 and GF-45 modules and it took a week of stumbling about in frustration before I got the CH Throttle Quad to work as intended. I found the CH software everso slightly confusing and in the end contacted RC Simulations who suggested I use the 'Control Manager' software to combine the 3 CH products as one. Previous to this.. I'd tried using FSUIPC and to be honest, it didn't work.
With the addition of the throttle, there are so many axis FS (and the pc) has to deal with, settings made in one area was either having no effect in the sim or too much so combining the three units (yoke, pedals and quad) into one solved the problem. Sadly, this comes at the loss of the three levers on the yoke but the end result is worth it. Also, by combining your three CH products, FSUIPC doesn't have a problem in being able to see and/or fine tune them should this be necessary.

I was hacked off Big time for the first few days mate and left wondering why the hell I'd not gone the extra mile and forked out for the very impressive GoFlight unit but with a bit of perseverance, I got there and am completely pleased with the CH Quad :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

AndyMinx
Victor
Victor

Post by AndyMinx »

DaveB I was thinking exactly the same things when I had the troubles before, wish I'd had gone for the Go-Flight throttle but as you say and I agree, I am totally happy with my CH unit now it's working proerply!

Cheers,
Andy M.