The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Logitech Support

Post by Charlie Bravo »

Hows this for service....

I own a Logitech Freedom joystick which has been playing up for the last month or so. It keeps reconnecting itself when it's not in use and therefore goes through batteries extremely quickly.

Yesterday I'd finally had enough after it ate through another 3 AA's in a week so I rang Logitech. As the stick is over a year old and I no longer have the receipt, I expected the usual "take it back to the place where it was purchased."
Instead I was given 2 possible fixes and a ref number in case I had to call back. A few hours later I did call back, ran through the problem with the guy on the phone who in return gave me a Cust Serv address for Logitech in Switzerland. He said you can't send the joystick to us as it will cost too much so you need to send the receiever and the battery cover. In the meantime, Logitech will ship you a brand new Freedom joystick.

Hows that for customer service !
A bird in the hand will probably sh!t on your wrist.

airboatr

Post by airboatr »

very nice
:welldone:

Jetset
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Jetset »

It's nice to hear about good service!
Onwards and Upwards!!!!!!!!
Jetty!
If God had of meant us to fly, he would have given us wings! He did, it's called an aeroplane!

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

All too often where a product fails customers can find themselves being pushed from pillar to post i.e. 'No.......... nothing to do with us now.......you'll have take it back to the shop............. The shop then says.......No nothing to do with us.......you'll have to take it back to the manufacturer!! :argue:

So it is very pleasing to hear of that.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.