Dale
Image Image Image

Globitz
Comet
Comet

Re: Gaining and maintaining Type ratings

Post by Globitz »

Hi Gents,

If it is not too much trouble, could I please get a training rating to get the B757 back please, would love to try the Flightfactor X-Plane 757 for the airline.

Hope all is well with everybody,
Cheers

Andy

They did give a million monkeys a million typewriters. They call it the internet!
ImageImage

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Globitz wrote:
26 May 2020, 15:06
Hi Gents,

If it is not too much trouble, could I please get a training rating to get the B757 back please, would love to try the Flightfactor X-Plane 757 for the airline.

Hope all is well with everybody,
Training rating granted.

Good to see you again Andrew, hope all is well.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

There's not many routes for the 757, one of the reasons I let it lapse. Maybe we should have a few more. I'm sure the aircraft flew more routes that we have. I know I flew 757, Birmingham to Toronto via JFK in the 90s
Dale
Image Image Image

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Vc Ten wrote:
26 May 2020, 18:07
There's not many routes for the 757, one of the reasons I let it lapse. Maybe we should have a few more. I'm sure the aircraft flew more routes that we have. I know I flew 757, Birmingham to Toronto via JFK in the 90s
Dale
I updated the 757 routes recently based on some research on 747 routes, there are a lot more destinations now.

Edit: These do include Birmingham to Toronto via JFK
Joe Cusick,

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Wow. That's great Joe. I never thought of looking. Hmm I still have the Just flight "freemium" 🙄 and QW 757 I wasn't overstruck on either. Don't know if they work in V5. I have enough on with the getting to grips with the Queen of the sky, and which version of Dash to get
Dale
Image Image Image

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

During the holiday sales I picked up the Captain Sim 757 which does work in both V4 and V5, although the installer is not yet updated for V5, and I did manage to get it setup in an external folder that both can share.

Only real issue I have with the Captain Sim version is that the autothrottle does not seem to work, so until I either figure it out or they fix it I am not planning in using it in the VA.
Joe Cusick,

Globitz
Comet
Comet

Post by Globitz »

Thanks for that Joe,
I shall look forward to flying her for the VA again.
I remember the first time that I had the rating I was using the CS 757 in FSX and it was not without it's issues which is why i flew all of the routes once and then let it lapse. Shame really as the 757 is one of my favourite airliners, luckily the Flight Factor model in X-Plane is top notch.

Yes all good here thanks mate, just trying to get through the lack of work and wonderng whether I will have a business att he end of it all.
Cheers

Andy

They did give a million monkeys a million typewriters. They call it the internet!
ImageImage

Globitz
Comet
Comet

Post by Globitz »

Hi Joe,

I have completed my 2 flight in the 757 so could I have my rating please.

Also after reading the post earlier from Dale, I also did not know about the added routes for the 757, I also have just seen the 747 routes listed on FSAirlines but they do not appear under the routes section of the relevant aircraft on this site. Are they going to get added to the database here, personally I find it easier way of planning my future routes.
Cheers

Andy

ImageImage

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Globitz wrote:
08 Jun 2020, 11:16
Hi Joe,

I have completed my 2 flight in the 757 so could I have my rating please.

Also after reading the post earlier from Dale, I also did not know about the added routes for the 757, I also have just seen the 747 routes listed on FSAirlines but they do not appear under the routes section of the relevant aircraft on this site. Are they going to get added to the database here, personally I find it easier way of planning my future routes.
Rating granted.

David M manages the VA website, not sure when it updates the routes. But on the FSA Website you can go to 'Flight Plan' and see the routes there.

On a side note, I have been playing a bit with the Captain Sim 757 and while I have finally figured out how to get the auto-throttle to work I have had no luck getting navigation to work with the autopilot, I never have gotten how to use the FMC and have not found simple instructions of how to enter one way point and go to it.
Joe Cusick,