More Fs9 AI pestering......

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

migman29
Trident
Trident

More Fs9 AI pestering......

Post by migman29 »

Does anyone know how to edit Just Flight traffic files within the "British Airports"packages at all?

Tried TTools and it can't see 'em(can't get AIFP to work on this steam powered machine).

Basically,I like to run "modern RAF"and use some of JF's airports to do it but to see Cessna and Piper spam cans lined up
with the Hawks at Valley or competing with the Squirrels at Ternhill doesn't happen in real life,in fact the only civvy at
Valley is the twice daily "Cardiff Bomber" flight,Valley's RAF flying club kites are over at Mona,there's nothing
civvy at Ternhill at all.

I know I can turn off the custom AI,but that kills it everywhere(civvy 'dromes included),so short of doing loads of custom AI myself,
the question still stands,how can I edit JF's traffic files?

Ta. :cheers:
You could see him thinking "Bleedin'pilots,don't know nuffin.All glammer" He's probably right.

A/C.2 Webber,Manston,1941,First Light by Geoff Wellum.

plumber
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Re: More Fs9 AI pestering......

Post by plumber »

I had the same problem several years ago so I asked Just Flight what to do, unfortunately I have forgotten what I did, would suggest you ask them.

migman29
Trident
Trident

Post by migman29 »

plumber wrote:
18 Sep 2018, 14:21
I had the same problem several years ago so I asked Just Flight what to do, unfortunately I have forgotten what I did, would suggest you ask them.
Well I thought of that myself but thought they'd tell me "on yer bike",but now you mention it,I've sent 'em a message and they say
they'll get back to me.

I'll post the solution up for all to use(if they don't tell me "on yer bike" :lol: ).

Cheers,Miggs
You could see him thinking "Bleedin'pilots,don't know nuffin.All glammer" He's probably right.

plumber
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by plumber »

Hi, Just checked against the relevant a/c, what I was told was to amend as follows, for example=JFAiGAA5 to JFAiGAA5_ this deletes the a/c from the active Sim, so it will not appear at all. However you can regain if required by deleting the _
Brian H

migman29
Trident
Trident

Post by migman29 »

plumber wrote:
19 Sep 2018, 15:19
Hi, Just checked against the relevant a/c, what I was told was to amend as follows, for example=JFAiGAA5 to JFAiGAA5_ this deletes the a/c from the active Sim, so it will not appear at all. However you can regain if required by deleting the _
Brian H
Aha!,cheers for that Brian.

I thought it'd be something simple like that.

TTools has actually done it and put it into Notepad format so that I can edit the job.

Motormouse
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Motormouse »

migman29 wrote:
17 Sep 2018, 20:57
.... ,in fact the only civvy at
Valley is the twice daily "Cardiff Bomber"
The Cardiff Bomber, currently a Jetstream 41,
FB_IMG_1521631038612.jpg
(19.7 KiB) Downloaded 622 times
sometimes joined by a sister aeroplane that operates on the Bae shuttle from Warton, when the Typhoon things are playing at Valley

Ttfn

Pete
An Elephant is a Mouse designed to
a government specification.

migman29
Trident
Trident

Post by migman29 »

Motormouse wrote:
21 Sep 2018, 19:24
migman29 wrote:
17 Sep 2018, 20:57
.... ,in fact the only civvy at
Valley is the twice daily "Cardiff Bomber"
The Cardiff Bomber, currently a Jetstream 41,FB_IMG_1521631038612.jpg

sometimes joined by a sister aeroplane that operates on the Bae shuttle from Warton, when the Typhoon things are playing at Valley

Ttfn

Pete
Cheers for that Pete.

I have been eyeing up The Fruit Stand's SAAB 2000 in an Eastern scheme for the 'Bomber,but I'll go with the J41 instead.

Just need to figure out some flightplans and off we go.

I've sorted the JF AI spamcans,just went into the JF flightplans and changed the airports,i.e stuff at Valley(EGOV)was sent to Mona and Llanbedr instead.