So whose gone back then?

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

DaveB wrote:Dan..
From your last comment, I take it that you are only going to run payware models on your payware sim
Got me there Dave... :lol: touché ... :-#
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image
Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my harddisk?

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well..

I talked myself into being brave and have oiked the X700Pro 128 out and thrown a 256mb 6800U in (could be a GT!) and while it handles GenX a little better.. I'm seeing stuttering without GenX where I didn't see it before :roll: Worse still.. FS9 errored for the first time in.. well, yonks and now I can't see the aircraft in the 'Select Aircraft' window :huf: Woe is me :crying:

Anyone remember how you get the little spinning aircraft back please :sad:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Hi Dave

Has the AA set itself higher :think:

On my card if the AA goes too high the spinning plane won't show...no idea why, but it happens :dunno:

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Garry...

Oh.. CRAP!!! That rings a bell and was the cause of me pulling out a brand new 6600GT a couple of weeks after I'd bought it :doh: That was the last Nvidia card I bought.. been ATI ever since :roll:

If I remember right.. if I dropped the AA to see the spinning aircraft, FSNav took 5years to redraw :shock: Poo.. Poo.. Poo and great big vats of POO!! I had to move my two SATA drives and rearrange my pwr plugs to accomodate this bugger too :poke:

Cheers anyway matey :wink:

ATB

ImageImage

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Flaming 'eck Eddie, you certainly know how to get everyones' attention to discuss a subject!!! :lol:

Have never bought FSX and doubt if I ever will. (Now watch me eat those words in a few years)!! :roll:

As I understand, MS brought out FSX to capture peoples' imagination, to bring more simmers into the market rather than just cater for the ones already in. Unless MS come up with greater imagination and improve the flight sim to what it really should be rather than selling just a basic package (and expecting others to make up for what is lacking in it) at an overly inflated price......MS that is........not the adder-oners!! :doh:

As for comments made MS should make direct approaches to flight sim communities and ask how real it should be!!

Sorry, but just wanted to add my bit.

Regards Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol:

Garry..

Changing the AA setting has no effect at all mate.. my little spinning aircraft refuses to show. Think I'll throw the x700 back in :sad:

ATB

ImageImage

Jon.M
VC10
VC10

Post by Jon.M »

I bought FSX, couldn't get it to work half as well as FS9 and I recently uninstalled it.

This has deleted my FS9 registry items and caused loads of problems with add ons.

Thanks Bill.

Jon
Still reinstalling FS9 a week later. :sad:

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

DaveB wrote::lol: :lol:

Garry..

Changing the AA setting has no effect at all mate.. my little spinning aircraft refuses to show. Think I'll throw the x700 back in :sad:

ATB

I had that one too. Suddenly the spinning aircraft vanished....

well everything seemed to be alright otherwise so I just left it as-is. Continued tweaking up and down in mip maps, AA. Aniso etc etc and suddenly it came back...

Well I'm sure this will help you :doh:

Btw. if you are currently in a "GeForce state" try out NVTray (the equivalent to ATITrayTools....
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image
Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my harddisk?

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by VEGAS »

Nigel H-J wrote:Flaming 'eck Eddie, you certainly know how to get everyones' attention to discuss a subject!!! :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You can't beat a little coversation Nigel, especially with the wealth of knowledge that we have at our disposal here! I'm enjoying reading these posts and it seems there's plenty to say on the subject.. :tunes:

ATB
Image I suffer from paranoid amnesia. I can't remember who I don't trust.Image

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Dan,

Yes.. I'm still in a GeForce state at the mo. Where do you get your hands on NVTray..or is it the icon that sit's in your systray?? If it's the systray jobbie, I have that already. It allows you to tweak every setting I can think of and probably a few that I can't (a lot!) :smile:

ATB

ImageImage