Light aircraft

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Which Light British Aircraft Would You Like To See?

Poll ended at 17 Nov 2004, 20:29

Miles Messenger
15%
Miles Gemini
26%
Beagle 206
22%
Beagle Pup
7%
DH Puss Moth
30%

Total votes: 27

vulcan
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Light aircraft

Post by vulcan »

Hi folks the pest is back.

I've recentley dowloaded some "interesting" light and GA aircraft.

The main problem is not one of these are British viz: Beech Bonanza and Twin Bonanza, Beech King Air, APM Lionceau etc.

It would appear that British light/ga types have been severly neglected in the fs world while the heavier side has been expertley covered by Rick David and co.

A plethoria of aircraft from Miles, DeHavilland, Beagle and Auster are crying out to be made.

I wouldn't know where to start to produce any of these, are there any takers to show the Yanks that we could design & build attractive light aircraft such as the Miles Messenger, Miles Gemini, Beagle Pup and Beagle 206.

Please indicate on the poll your preferences for these types.
All take offs are voluntary, all landings are mandatory

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Tough one that, as I like all of them :D
I'm sure Rick has a Messenger on the go (or did I imagine it?)
One light aircraft I would like to see is a Slingsby Firefly.
Dave G.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Correct DG :D

The Messenger, while flyable needs a fair whack of work to do before RP would even consider letting it go. The major reason work has halted is that we have little info on her internals including a panel!!! I have the name and address of a guy that has one and intend to contact him with a view to letting me loose in it for half an hour :D

James Eden started making the Auster series but this too appears to have stalled.

The reality is Vulcan that we need more model makers but I fully agree that the smaller end of the Classic Brit market is being left behind. Finding 3-views is not too difficult in the majority of cases but finding panel and interior shots is the major stumbling block. There would probably be a good few out there who would say make an interior up and plonk a basic panel on it and release but this wouldn't work. I don't think any of our current developers would even consider releasing a model that was not complete :wink:

DaveB :smt025
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

Put me down for one DH Puss Moth, please. :) As a matter of fact, ANY member of the "Moth" family would be fantastic! 8)

Brian

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

I voted Beagle 206. I know Shigeru Tanaka did a nice one for FS2K. I often wondered why if the UK could not be successful building large aircraft, why on earth we couldnt have something to rival Cessna at least. Beagle was as close as it got, but went bust in 1970/71 (?) Anyone know what went wrong there? There is so much info on BAC & HSA but little on the smaller companies.

J_Eden
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by J_Eden »

DaveB wrote: James Eden started making the Auster series but this too appears to have stalled.
It's stalled, but I'm fighting the tailspin and getting it back under control. Starting on the interior now. The prick who I was meant to be getting photos of the interior from when I was in Perth decided to only let me at it for 5 minutes, and not climb inside! So back to the drawing board.

Dave, can you email me please? [email protected]

James

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

That looks very similar to the J1 I have panel shots of :wink:

DaveB :smt025
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Motormouse
Concorde
Concorde

Link for the Miles developers

Post by Motormouse »

Dunno if this will help you guys, the November 2002 issue of 'Pilot' magazine featured flight tests on the Old Warden based Messenger,Falcon and Magister.

http://www.pilotweb.co.uk/content/issue ... ?issue=612

Pete

Hot_Charlie
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Have to go with the Mew Gull or Mile Hawk Speed Six myself...

Anything Miles really,

Charlie

kurt190
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by kurt190 »

I'd go for the Gemini, but any one of them would be nice.

Hot_Charlie there is a Mew Gull out there mew_gul2.zip at flightsim.com. It really is quite pretty and flies entertainingly. The canopy is wrong and the VC is poor but other than that it looks good.

All the best
kurt

PS I'm new here so I guess I should say hello - Hello!