Welcome

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Welcome

Post by Nigel H-J »

Welcome Annie, hope you enjoy your time with us, you'll find everyone here extremely helpful.
Nice to have another female member as we're a bit thin on the ground in that respect
About time we had some females here to keep this lot in order. :lol:

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Chris_C
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Chris_C »

Greetings All. Long time lurker, have enjoyed flying Classic Brits since FS98 days. Have finally gotten around to registering here and just wanted to check in and say Hello to everyone. I prefer simulation propliners including Viscounts and Vanguards, my very first commercial flight was in an Air Canada Viscount to from Toronto to NYC in 1969 and it was a big deal to a 14-year old. However, have been known to slip into a David Maltby jet from time to time.
Best Regards
Chris

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Welcome to the forum Chris ;-)

I think we're all creatures of habit in that we look on various sites a lot of the time but either CBA to register for whatever reason or are just happy to chug-along and keep our fingers on the proverbial pulse. Hopefully, now you've registered.. you'll see the members only forum area and have found a few nice things not visible to the 'outside' eye :)

Enjoy your stay ;-)

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Hello Chris

Welcome aboard

Sounds like you are well into what we're about so feel free to ask anything or as Dave says just stick arround.

There are some updated TCA/Air Canada Vanguard paints that can be got by members :)

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Chris, Welcome to the good ship CBFS. :)
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

HawkerHart
Meteor
Meteor

Post by HawkerHart »

Hi All, Another fairly long time browser decided to finally register and join in :welldone: .

Been simming for a few years, but had a year or so out when I moved. Got me a shiney laptop so now I'm back. Learning things again, it's suprising what you forget, but then again I'm suprised with just how much I remember. (what is it they say... you never forget how to sail a tractor :D )

Feel I should start by saying a BIIIIG thank you to those clever folks that frequent here that make those wonderful freeware classic british aircraft :thumbsup: you really have multiplied my fsim enjoyment many many times over!

Just plucking up the courage to join the CB Virtual Airline :think: . Looking a bit complicated at the mo- leaving the right amount of fuel in, leaving the aircraft at the right base HELP probably just me having a stupid moment :brick:

Umm...yes... Hello :)
Tom

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Hi HH

Welcome aboard :)

I'm sure you will slot into the VA seemlessly

If you're AVATAR is anything to go by you'll do fine :lol: :lol:

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

HawkerHart
Meteor
Meteor

Post by HawkerHart »

Thank you very much :)

Glad you like the AVATAR! That was SEVERAL minutes work :lol: Got a bit stressed about how to"draw" the props and thought that simple grey circles did the job the most stylishly, but it's so small you'll just have to take my word for that.
I'm sure you will slot into the VA seemlessly

I hope so, I'll check out Flynet in the next day or so and get myself joined up.
Tom

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

Just plucking up the courage to join the CB Virtual Airline :think: . Looking a bit complicated at the mo- leaving the right amount of fuel in, leaving the aircraft at the right base HELP probably just me having a stupid moment :brick:

Umm...yes... Hello :)
If I can do it anybody can. Take the plunge!
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

skeating
Meteor
Meteor

Post by skeating »

Hi guys I'm back.
Sorry for my long absence but real life and work caught up with me.
I've been keeping an eye on the site when ever I could and I am pleased to see that the enthusiasism hasn't wained.
With all the new repaints and scenery that have been completed it looks like I'm going to be busy for quite a while getting up to date (in a retro way).

looking foreward to the awesome Bristol Frightner and the AAhhhhhhhhhhh.....DeHavilland Heron.

More power to all the developers and painters.
Oh and a Happy New Year to everybody.

Steve