Which sims do you use?

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Which flight simulators do you use currently?

Poll ended at 15 Dec 2004, 15:17

MS FS 2004
79%
MS FS 2002
8%
MS FS 2000
3%
MS FS 98
No votes
MS CFS 3
No votes
MS CFS 2
No votes
MS CFS 1
No votes
Other (non MS)
8%
Other (freeware etc)
3%

Total votes: 39

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Which sims do you use?

Post by TobyV »

I know thas has been done recently, but since it seems to feature in one or two threads I wondered about doing another more in depth poll. Please feel free to add comments on here about other [non M$] sims without being "off topic". There are some great sim-games around and also one or two freeware flightsim programs worth a mention too...

I hope this thing lets you vote more than once :?
Poll runs for 14 days!

Tom Everitt AFG
Victor
Victor

Post by Tom Everitt AFG »

Hi Toby,

Seems I can only vote once.

Tom.

Toph
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Toph »

I agree, I use both Fs2002 and Fs9 depending on what I intend flying

Toph
I have reached the acme of my pinnacle

jamesstables
Comet
Comet

Post by jamesstables »

I'm using FS2002 at the moment until I get round to upgrading my computer, I've got FS9 but I get really bad frame rates.

lholmes
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by lholmes »

Hello Toby,

I use FS9 mostly, because it looks so great.

And, because there are so many good planes for FS2002, I sometimes use that.

When I feel like blasting something, I'll use CFS2.

For a really great combat sim, I use IL-2 Forgotten Battles.
Lee Holmes

"Life is a game, where the object of the game is to figure out what the object of the game is."

LongHaul
Comet
Comet

Post by LongHaul »

I fly FS2004 for civilian flying, IL2FB for combat, and I occasionally wheel out some older games like Crimson Skies or 1942:Pacific AirWar, just for a bit of a mess around.

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

LOL and I bet your sim doesnt pause to load the scenery when your 500ft above touchdown :lol: ! I find the best solution is to pause yourself with the computer and keep holiding the stick exactly where it was when the computer went to sleep so when it wakes up again the pax dont get a fright :D !

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Tonks wrote:Full 6-axis, day/night visual VC10 C1K or VC10 K3, min of 1 flight per 3 months to keep current :D

Tonks 8)
Showoff

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

leee-fs
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by leee-fs »

I develop a/c for FlightGear and although I'm using Linux, FG is also available for Windows and Macs, along with a few other ('nix based) platforms. It has it's strong (and not so strong) points but as it's still at Vers 0.9 it's still very much a WIP.

I don't work to the same level of detail and accuracy as the stuff turned out by the MSFS a/c developers here, mostly because atm my priority is simply to add more a/c to what is currently quite a small hanger (well, I say 'small' but it's got an AN-225 in it) ;), but also because I simply don't know the a/c I do as well as the developers here know the ones they've done :)

Oh yes, and there's a skill factor too:)

Anyway, being open-source, it's quite ok for someone else to come along and improve on what I've done, either updating, improving or adding features to them, or even replacing them with new original versions. I actually quite like this idea - ultimately, you should end up with better a/c:)

I also like it because if someone else gets interested in an a/c I've done it means I might be able to off-load some of the maintenance and get on with some of the other a/c I want to do:)

...so many a/c, so little time:)
...or something

lholmes
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by lholmes »

I just added Rowan's Battle of Britain (from 2002???) to my collection of Battle of Britain games; and got it to run on my XP machine. :D

It's got good strategic gameplay as well as good 1st person air combat. :D :D :D
Lee Holmes

"Life is a game, where the object of the game is to figure out what the object of the game is."