VC10: coupling the Declo INS 1.51 to the panel.

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Callum
Viscount
Viscount

VC10: coupling the Declo INS 1.51 to the panel.

Post by Callum »

Hi folks, I have just flown from Blackpool down to Newquay but struggled to get the INS to 'attach' to the panel. I have the latest version of everything, but when I turned the INS button on the top right "on" it seems to want to automatically put it into GPS mode and wont follow the track in the INS.

Any clues, hints, or tips?

Once I've got this sorted, I'll be going down the Falklands way - I've got one week left to play ;-)

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: VC10: coupling the Declo INS 1.51 to the panel.

Post by DaveB »

Hi Callum..

Sri I can't help with this one mate as I never bothered with the Delco unit. There are some here that use it mind you so fingers crossed.. one will pop onto this thread ;-)

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Ant1981
Victor
Victor

Re: VC10: coupling the Declo INS 1.51 to the panel.

Post by Ant1981 »

Callum wrote:Hi folks, I have just flown from Blackpool down to Newquay but struggled to get the INS to 'attach' to the panel. I have the latest version of everything, but when I turned the INS button on the top right "on" it seems to want to automatically put it into GPS mode and wont follow the track in the INS.

Any clues, hints, or tips?

Once I've got this sorted, I'll be going down the Falklands way - I've got one week left to play ;-)
By this, do you mean get the autopilot to follow the INS?

If so, you need to put the AP into heading hold, switch AP on and put the INS Nav switch on (top right of INS)

Sorry if you've already done this.

I'll be taking my VC10 to the Falklands and also Cyprus too, but only when I get the time as we need to work with this aircraft. Can only have 9 waypoints at a time running in the INS, so have to keep entering the next ones! Unless of course we just make a 9 intersection flight plan :P or maybe 18 or so to reduce the entering of lats and lons.
I like this flight simming, it's fun.....