Install DM's Aircraft in FSX

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

MoonMapper
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Re: Install DM's Aircraft in FSX

Post by MoonMapper »

Dear All,

I'm new to this forum so allow me to briefly introduce myself. I'm an electrical designer in Harrier design at BAE Systems, Farnborough and before that with Nimrod MRA4. As you know, Harrier was retired and MRA4 scrapped in last October's defence review - it was nothing that I did, honest, but will be looking for another job soon !

Anyway, I'm not on here looking for work but do have a question for you as a keen 'flight simmer'. I've downloaded the DM BAC 1-11 for FS2009 onto FSX and it looks great. Now for the 'however'.... However, the engines cut out just after take-off so I end up doing belly landing practice :doh: .

What am I doing wrong or is this simply a compatability problem with an FS2009 a/c running on FSX? Come to think of it, is there a BAC 1-11 for FSX elsewhere or will there be a DM FSX version in due course?

Thanks and Best Wishes,

Geoff Burt

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Geoff and welcome to the forums :thumbsup:

What you're almost certainly doing is cooking the engines mate. There are 2 things you can do to avoid this happening..
1) Keep the throttles out of the red on takeoff or
2) Go to the VC and you'll find 2 'Top Temp' switches on the pedestal. Make these and your engines will no longer fry ;)

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Dave is almost certainly correct, you'll find the same switches, (albeit three of them) in his Trident too. :)
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Welcome aboard Geoff :hello:

Yep..sounds like top temp

Here's one I prepared earlier :)

Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

MoonMapper
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by MoonMapper »

Many thanks, problem solved!

It was indeed due to overdoing it with the throttles.

I feel such a fool....... :$

Best Wishes,

Geoff :)

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Glad you're sorted Geoff ;)

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Scupper
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Scupper »

I'm trying to get DM's VC 10 to show up in FSX and I can't find any clear solution in this thread, though there's one posting on page 2 about a 'shared' folder that doesn't really explain very much.

Can anybody tell me how it's done? I'm hoping there's a procedure which, when followed, will make it happen for me. I really want this plane!! :S

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Scupper, what exactly are you having a problem with. Can you give us some detail to your setup too please such as where your FSX is installed etc?
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

DavidK
Victor
Victor

DM's aircraft in FSX: Greyed-out BAC 1-11 VC interiors

Post by DavidK »

Hi,

I recently bought myself a new computer with faster processor, dollops of RAM and an nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS graphics card to replace my previous GeForce 7600 one.

On the plus side, I've still to sccop my jaw back off the ground now that FSX runs at around 30 frames per sec, even with relatively high display settings. On the minus side, though, the interiors and levers in the virtual cockpits of David M's BAC 1-11 (One-Eleven) model are now greyed-out, as if some of those renegade nanobots have turned them into the dreaded grey goo. David's BAC 1-11 is one of my favourite models, so I'm a bit downcast. I'm also a bit surprised, as my previous card -- which seemed to display the interiors perfectly -- was an nVidia card, just like my new one. I've installed what I understand are the most recent versions of the nVidia drivers (270.61) and DirectX (9.0c version 4.09.0000.0904).

I've tried looking for pointers to a solution here and further afield, but most seem to refer to greyed-out windscreens. So, advice and help will be much appreciated -- surely I won't have to lose that ambience the 1-11 virtual cockpit supplies...?

David

PaulC
VC10
VC10

Post by PaulC »

Now, bearing in mind I appreciate this is an FS9 aircraft that I'm running in FSX, so I know there will be issues, but...

i) In the aircraft selection section, it doesn't show the pictures of the 1-11, just various FS default aircraft and...

ii) The APU and consequently the engines will not start from the checklists. The APU indicates "START" but doesn't go blank or progress to "RUN". The engines spool up a little but not enough to start. It does start on Ctrl+E but using that option goes against every fibre in my body!!

Thanks,

Paul