Install DM's Aircraft in FSX

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Re: Install DM's Aircraft in FSX

Post by DanKH »

To be able to see DX10 repaints in FSX, the original texures has to be "DX10-sified"

We've all been used to use DX9 as this has been the default for many years now, but to be able to take a big leap MS had to break compatability in DX10 (and now DX11)

So you cannot just see a DX9 texture if you are running in "DX10-mode"

How to exactly convert or redo the original textures is not really my line of knowledge, but I'd suppose that the original PaintKit would have to be created from scratch in "DX10 mode" instead of DX9 ... probably some kind of setting in PaintShop Pro and the need of at least VISTA (DX10) or Win 7 (DX11)
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image
Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my harddisk?

hepbr
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by hepbr »

For some reason its not working with me!
I'm using your methood with DM's Trident and I'm using FSX sp2.

I have floowed your method to the letter and the aircraft does not show up in fsx aircraft selection.

Whats happening? or what am i doing wrong?

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi mate,

Usually when this hasn't worked for folk, they have already tried installing it before they came here to find the instructions, so best start from a clean slate and delete the files you have installed and download all the current files from DM's website ( unless you already have the files downloaded from his site.) Note that if you got the files from anywhere other than www.dmflightsim.co.uk they are not legit.

Start by going back to your ..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes folder and delete the folowing foders (I'm assuming you have no other of DM's aircraft installed)

Delete... All of the "BAC 1-11..." folders and the "DMFS Shared Files" folder.

Then proceed through the instructions... slowly. If there is anything your unsure of post back here and we'll try and help out :-)
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

hepbr
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by hepbr »

It works!!!
But with a few mayor problems, Firstly the engines turn themselves off at 3,000ft.
And when i come to chose the 1-11 from the "aircraft selection" i get now picture or icons for the different liveries, Yes i have engaged "show all liveries".

Thanks for the help, I'll try the trident next (If my luck doesnt run out!)

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Hepbr.

The engines cut off becuase your cooking them! Best to read the manual and use the top temp switches or better still reduce the power to climb power. On the aircraft selection screen you don't see the livery images because these are FS9 models. FS9 didn't have the livery thumbnails you get with FSX so thats why they aren't there. ;)

Some of the frident repaints have been updated to include thumbnails so you will find that most of them will show in the aircraft selection screen ;)

ImageImageImage

hepbr
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by hepbr »

Thanks, i can now go abouth 4,000 - with both engines working!

Im not sure how to fix the icon problem, i think i might copy the images from the one elevan page and insert it to the right aircraft.

Thank-you all for your help, Cross your fingers that the trident will work, I'll up date you soon!

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

you'll need to switch the anti icing on too. As I said, best read the manual and see how things work out ;)

ImageImageImage

hepbr
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by hepbr »

Trident work Brilliantly!
but (one thing works the other dosent), when i added the 1-11 500ed to my 1-11 400 the planes did not appear, I added thumb nails to the ed but the picture showed up for the 400s

What have i done wrong, again i flowed the same proceedure?

hepbr
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by hepbr »

Got the 500's working now but ive read the manuel this time! But im haveing problems with the landing - the speed will not go under 120kts, The reverse thrust is not engaging and the brakes have not effect, Tuch down speed is about 130-145kts

Please help, So far youve been GR8.

Hepbr

ianastles
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by ianastles »

The VC10 looks amazing in FSX, really great model. Only one question, in multiplayer the refueling baskets dont show on other players screens and they have the vc10 installed. Is this a problem with just us or is it something that has not been addressed?

Cheers

Ian