Install DM's Aircraft in FSX

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

TSR2
The Ministry

Re: Install DM's Aircraft in FSX

Post by TSR2 »

I really don't see how moving an aircraft to FSX is difficult?? :dunno:

In the good ole days before installers you had 3 folders.... the one containing the aircraft, lets say "BAC 1-11" one called "Gauges" and one called "effects"

Gauages goes to gauges, efects goes to effects and the "BAC 1-11" folder goes into aircraft in FS9 or airplanes in FSX.... and changing the smoke is no more difficult than adding a repaint.... am I missing something?

... Oh yes, you need to copy the texture.cfg file from one of the default aircraft into each of the texture folders on the one your adding.

Still not that difficult... is it? :worried:

[EDIT] Sorry Dave... crossed posts lol
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

I really don't see how moving an aircraft to FSX is difficult??
Ben, with the utmost respect I have to agree with Ian, just wait till you get to our age!! :worried:

Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

:lol: lol... seriously though Nigel... if you can add an aircraft without an auto install to FS9, and you know how to add a repaint, its no more difficult than that. :brick:

ImageImageImage

Roger
Comet
Comet

Post by Roger »

If you really want it...it's not that hard :)

parksie10
Meteor
Meteor

Post by parksie10 »

Just wanted to convey my thanks for a very friendly guide to get this great aircraft up and running. Thanks guys (and ladies if any) :xsmile:
Proudly HS748 and Proudly South African!!

NIGHTFIGHTER
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by NIGHTFIGHTER »

Hi Folks, as this is my first post on CBFS let me start by thanking the wonderful folks who provide us with these amazing Aircraft (without you we are lost!!). But now to my problem, Ive been flying DMs 10 in FS9 for years and now that ive upgraded to FSX wanted to fly the 10 there, so having downloaded the recent 10 have tried installing it by both ways described in the above thread and still it wont show up in aircraft selection..im no stranger in installing aircraft or scenery but i must say FSX has me well and truly confused....Dont worry this is not just dave's aircraft, ive had the same problem with UKMIL and MAIW (scenery) and HJG (aircraft) in fact it was HJG who had the same idea as Dave B about greating a seperate folder and changing the Config file...well like i said ive tried all these methods and no joy. If anyone can help, id be very grateful...Many thanks Gary

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Hello Gary and welcome :hello:

A shot in the dark but this sound like the DX10 preview of whatever that issue is. Don't understand it myself but if you have it on try it off *-)

Someone will drop by later who knows more about this no doubt :)
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

NIGHTFIGHTER
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by NIGHTFIGHTER »

Hi Garry, il give that a try when i can work out how to, My graphics are all controlled by NHancer and looking at that ive got ( DX10-SLI:AFR-4W(0X000000FS) (predefined) which as to most people is complete jibberish.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Nightfighter,

In the main FSX panel, go to display settings and there is a tick box that says "Direct X 10 preview mode" (or words to that effect) Make sure its un checked. Any change to this setting will need a restart to the sim. Also have you downloaded and applied the latest Direct X updates and Nvidia drivers?

ImageImageImage

NIGHTFIGHTER
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by NIGHTFIGHTER »

Well, il be . Ben mate never did findout how to disable DX10, having downloaded the VC10 three times in two day and tried installing no more than 8 times, while waiting for advice i messed around with another attempt at installing it and noticed my first download didn't have the shared folder with it, so i got that folder and changed the sound and panel folder and would you belive it, it WORKS!!! :Dance: talk about feel an idiot, all i have to do now is adjust the engine smoke and Bingo....Anyway thanks to you guys for all the advice, it's nice to know you're there.