Wisley Version 2 released

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: Wisley and Brooklands (1960s) WIP

Post by TobyV »

You're welcome to give it a try. I'm currently debating what to do about the ground polys. My 'newer' sceneries use either default or modified bitmap tiles from the Just Flight VFR set (based on the getmapping.com images from 1999), but Brooklands and Wisley would be rather hard work to convert plus theres no "fall-back" base grass texture in FS since neither airfield exist by default. At the moment I have a nasty polygon with my own grass texture, but I could produce eitehr multiple versions or a customised VFR type bitmap.

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

Hi Toby,
That's why I stick to Gen X (although getting rid of a housing estate at Hamble was not easy and I am not totally happy with the results) but Wisley is pretty much usable from what I remember in FSX Gen X Vol1. Pretty much intact in 2D at least, although I see a difficult flatten and blend coming on, with the A-3 so close.
ATB Trev

Ben Hartmann

Post by Ben Hartmann »

TobyV wrote:Trevor - 'Fraid I'm a bit of a luddite (FS9 user) with tools that only work with SF9 and earlier versions
Thats what I like to hear :thumbsup:

Look forward to this immensely :)

Rgds

Ben

511Flyer
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by 511Flyer »

There's a big slope down from the airfield to the old A3 at the Ripley end. The new by-pass is higher than the old road,so there are multiple levels in that area.

I think I may have mentioned that when I was a lad, we lived in an old farmhouse at bottom of that slope, and I used to run up it to watch the aircraft of the day. These days, it would need an expedition with sherpas to get me up it.

D.

VC10
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by VC10 »

Hi Toby,

A bit late on this one, but great buildings, both are excellent

Paul
If God had meant us to fly, he would have given us tickets.

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

Hello guys,

Better late than never, I plan to release this tomorrow, somehow. I haven't actually made anything available in ages, I plan to send it to BritSim and perhaps flightsim.com?

The buildings have been updated but the ground tiles are the same as before more or less and of course its FS9 only. If anyone thinks they can convert it, the textures are of course included and I can provide either the API files, the APT file or even the .EOD files if someone wants to do it the hard way and extract all the coordinates and remodel it in a decent modelling program.

Toby

**EDIT - just for clarity, its only Wisley that I plan to release. Brooklands is a long way behind!

John
Concorde
Concorde

Post by John »

That's fantastic news, I spent last night populating your old version with VC10s, BAC111s and Viscounts. It'll be great to give the same treatment to this new version

Many thanks

John
never give up, never surrender

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

Now available here John:

http://www.britsim.com/index.php?option ... fo&id=2297

With a bit of luck, you can just substitute the files and whatever AI you have added will function without modification (he says! :lol: )

Molyned
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Molyned »

Thanks Toby - very nice.
BTW - does this supercede and replace your Wisley zip from 2010 ?
Cheers
Dave M(oly)

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

I think if you have something from 2010 then if you downloaded it somewhere then it was my old version which I released a few years ago, or perhaps I gave you a WIP version of this one? Either way, the one on BritSim is the latest complete version.