Wisley Version 2 released

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Re: Wisley Version 2 released

Post by Trev Clark »

Maybe one day I'll finish my FSX version!
ATB Trev

John
Concorde
Concorde

Post by John »

Well I can't wait to get your new Brooklands Toby, making the short hope in G-ARTA to the great new rendition of Wisley is something that'll be worth waiting for :agree:

KInd regards

John
never give up, never surrender

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

I'm still a bit short material for Weybridge. I have scoured the internet but I am not finding so many new pictures. For whatever reason, there seem to be far far far fewer photographs, official or otherwise, of Weybridge during its working life than of say Hatfield *-)

Archer
VC10
VC10

Post by Archer »

I guess you're after Weybridge during the '60s right? I've recently been scanning some of my old negatives (someone remember what those were for?? ;) ) which contain a few Brooklands photos from '98-'00. Could they be of any help? I may have some older stuff as well if you don't mind a VC10 in the foreground but I'm struggling to remember if any photos show the buildings.
Due to shortages and cutbacks the light at the end of the tunnel has been switched off.
------------
A Little VC10derness - http://www.VC10.net - Visit the Forum!

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

Hi Jelle,

Of the buildings that survived past about 1993, I have quite detailed photos. What I lack are the east and west factory areas. I have bits and pieces but I get the impression that either people weren't intereted at the time or there was a pretty high level of security / secrecy about the place. For whatever reason, sourcing photos of Hatfield was much easier. Part of the problem is searching for photos of Brooklands normally yields a lot of pre-war car photos which are not of use to me!

Toby

Archer
VC10
VC10

Post by Archer »

Ok, that means we need to look at the older stuff. I do have some older photos from the Brooklands archives but mine are all VC10 related so I'll have to see if they show the buildings you're looking for in the background. Based on what I have I would say that the Brooklands archives might be able to provide you with a lot of information but you'll probably need to go there yourself and bring a scanner as I don't think that they've got everything digitised yet. It might be worth getting in touch with them as you'd need to arrange your visit ahead of time. Any holidays coming up for you? ;) If you PM me an e-mail address I'll try to find some photos for you from my stuff.
Due to shortages and cutbacks the light at the end of the tunnel has been switched off.
------------
A Little VC10derness - http://www.VC10.net - Visit the Forum!

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage