Miles Gemini FSX Upgrade?

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Cathy Howat
Meteor
Meteor

Miles Gemini FSX Upgrade?

Post by Cathy Howat »

Would it be possible to upgrade this to FSX Accelration? the plane is totally unflyable in FSX, just leaps all over the place.
cathy

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Re: Miles Gemini FSX Upgrade?

Post by DispatchDragon »

Cathy

the Gemini was Dave Molyneaux's second offering ever

It was a pure FS9 aircraft, Prehaps you should post this request over at classicbritishfiles he spends more time there than here

Leif

Molyned
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Miles Gemini FSX Upgrade?

Post by Molyned »

Well, I can answer here now I've seen the post :agree:
I have no plans to build or upgrade (really a new build) any of my aircraft to any version of FSX in the forseeable future. Why ? I hear you ask -
simple - I don't run FSX on my computer. It's just not possible (for me anyway) to build and not be able to view the results of my bumbling as I go along (I'm compiling and viewing every few minutes). I also know that there are still plenty of FS9'ers out there and lots of classic British aircraft still to build.
Some folks report that my aircraft are, in the main, capable of being flown reasonably well in vanilla flavoured FSX even though I don't endorse such comments being unable to confirm them. Acceleration introduces a whole new can of worms.
I'm really just a retired hobby-builder making stuff for my own enjoyment - if others like them as well - a nice bonus :) Old-fashioned ? yes - that's me - I'm not into cutting-edge stuff - leaving that to those much more skilled .
As for the Gemini - as an early model, it could really do with a work over (the engines for example :-# ) but not yet and it would still be FS9 - got a few more Austers to make yet.
Cheers :cheers:
Dave M(oly)