HS Trident reversers...

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Tomb
Comet
Comet

Re: HS Trident reversers...

Post by Tomb »

i think you can add Concorde to those that can

the PSS Concorde does it in FS9 too

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

Yes, but Concorde entered service well after the Trident. Peter was speaking of those aircraft in service at the time that the Trident was introduced. :)

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Peter was referring to jets but just for interest, the HS.780 could, and did on tactical landings, use full reverse while still in the air (50 feet agl)

I've seen pics of IL-62 with the buckets deployed before landing but that might be like the Boeing 737-200 I've seen a few times where the revese buckets swung into position on crossing the threshold but reverse not applied until firmly on the ground.
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

I believe the C-130 has a limited capacity for this and the C-17 has full use of this as well. They use them for tactical approaches and landings.

Tomb - on the PSS Concorde, they're not actually doing inflight reverse, they're faking it by modulating the spoilers (which is also what they use to animate the reverser buckets). This option was considered by HJG and using the Wingfold to be the ground spoilers for the DC-8, but (as I understand from Dee) it was rejected mainly because it took the wingfold animation away from being used for other things like the cargo door (remember, the model was designed for FS2002 when multiple exits weren't available). It's a valid workaround though to the system being unable to allow any form of reverse to be selected in flight.

WhisperJet
Concorde
Concorde

Post by WhisperJet »

Garry Russell wrote:As Peter mentioned above..not permitted in the 1-11.......he used to fly them :)
Many thanks for sharing the knowledge!! :) :thumbsup:

Now I know that I may be back with some more questions to one my favourite airliners... :hide:

Best from LOWW,

Nick
Noise Abatement? Never.
(D. Maltby)