Couple of problems with Trident in FSX

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Highlander_821
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Re: Couple of problems with Trident in FSX

Post by Highlander_821 »

Yeah, I think I'll wait a day or two before attempting another install and see if some FSX/Acceleration users have any tips on doing it right. :cpu:

I thought I had it whipped once I got the right files installed, but in a way I actually made things worse. :S

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

:lol:

Good start...reload when you can and best of luck! :thumbsup:
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi chaps, im away until next Wednesday, but sounds like IAS or Mach hold is being used. Try disengaging the auto throttle or using speed hold. IAS hold is hunting to maintain airspeed.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Ben :hello:

That's a reasonable explanation. I only ever use Speed hold which would explain why I've not seen it. I'll give it a go with one of the others when I get a spare hour for FSX to load again :lol: ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Certainly makes sense :thumbsup:

Often the answer is a simple one, well, almost always...but never easy to spot :)
Garry

Highlander_821
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Highlander_821 »

I am no longer having the issue I originally posted about. Now I have more serious autopilot problems. But for what it's worth, I was not using IAS or Mach hold. I was using speed hold.

I am actually pretty familiar with how to fly this plane. But now the autopilot will not engage azimuth master. It flashes but then goes out again. Also, now when I engage the altitude function with acquire and a pre-set alt, the pitch control wheel no longer lets me set a pitch. It now does nothing.

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Ive not flown the trident for a while but I cant think if there is a master switch for the autopilot. So if its in a default off condition theres no way to switch it on.Try a loading a default aircraft first and switch the autopilot on If it works ok, leave it on and change aircraft to the trident If it work ok then save the flight as default flight
Dale
Image Image Image

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

HI Dale

You can save the Trident flight but it's not saved as a default flight as such as it does not use standard 'default' coding.

So loading the Trident first and later changing to another non default or complex aircraft without going through a default aircraft could cause issues

There is no problem turning the AP on as far as I know unless that is an FS.X specific issue
Garry

Highlander_821
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Highlander_821 »

Vc Ten wrote:Ive not flown the trident for a while but I cant think if there is a master switch for the autopilot. So if its in a default off condition theres no way to switch it on.Try a loading a default aircraft first and switch the autopilot on If it works ok, leave it on and change aircraft to the trident If it work ok then save the flight as default flight
Dale
Thanks Dale.

Are you talking about a master switch besides the two paddles on the AP panel that are used to activate the autopilot? Because I know how to turn it on in that manner. I should be able to get the azimuth master switch to come on even without the autopilot being on, though. The flight director seems to come on OK, and once it is on, I should be able to set up the altitude and azimuth functions before I even try to activate the autopilot.

Highlander_821
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Highlander_821 »

Getting really weird now. I can get the autopilot to start behaving normally once I take off. Then, I can activate azimuth master switch and change pitch with the pitch wheel on the AP. It even levels off as it should now at the higher altitudes. The smoke won't stay on!!! It only shows if I HOLD the 'I' key down. If I just tap the 'I' key, it just toggles back off immediately. (Just like the autopilot azimuth control does to me when I'm on the ground.)