Airspeed Ambassador for FSX out now!

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

robcarrich
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Airspeed Ambassador for FSX out now!

Post by robcarrich »

I now have all my FSX add ons installed into P3D and the the process went very smoothly.
I have even gone as far as compiling a new model using the P3D SDK with very few problems other than adding a few entries in the modeldef file and also adding the F18 gauge.
I've also grabbed the Ambassador and it's superb. Not a type I know much about in real life but it's interesting to fly and I love all of the old classic airliners. Nigel Richards' Centaurus soundset adds so much too. In the readme, you mention about it being easy to adapt the soundset (compiled for the FS9 Sea Fury) for the Ambassador? I've got it running fine with my Ambassador but is it easy to tweak the config so it represents two engines rather than one?
Ade I simply altered Nigel Richard’s confg. file as below, I’m no expert on the subject but it seems to work OK and the sounds are just superb

[SOUND_ENGINE]
number_of_engines=2
ENG1_COMBUSTION=COMBUSTION.1.00
ENG1_STARTER=starter
ENG1_COMBUSTION_START=combstart
ENG1_SHUTDOWN=shutdown
ENG1_NON_COMBUSTION=NON_COMBUSTION.1.00
eng1_prop=PROP.1.00
ENG2_COMBUSTION=COMBUSTION.1.00
ENG2_STARTER=starter
ENG2_COMBUSTION_START=combstart
ENG2_SHUTDOWN=shutdown
ENG2_NON_COMBUSTION=NON_COMBUSTION.1.00
eng2_prop=PROP.1.00

Rob

DavidK
Victor
Victor

Post by DavidK »

This is great news. Much of my flying since the start of the year has been in one of Rob's other creations, the Scottish Aviation Twin Pioneer -- which works fine in FSX SP2 -- and I've been enjoying it while enjoying the UK VFR scenery and buildings I've collected. And now, just as I've begun wondering whether or not to try something new, along comes his Airspeed Ambassador... so, off I go to download and try!

Thanks, Rob, for your work!

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

I've taken the plunge! I'll have to do a reinstall to tidy up my hard disks a bit, but I'll let you know how I find it. Its free to register for their site and poke about on the forums. :cpu:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Adrian Petford
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Adrian Petford »

DaveG wrote:Thanks for the summary Adrian. I bought P3D yesterday & am waiting for the downloads to finish ATM. I'm going to post a new thread with my experiences as I go, so others can see if it my be suitable for them.
Good idea Dave. I expect there'll be an influx of new users trying P3D so it will be good to have a place to share information and tips.

I'm very impressed so far. The performance improvements LM have introduced already make a big difference, it's nicer visually and the flight models are better, as you would expect given the developer. It feels quite different from FSX overall, more polished and certainly has more potential now the codebase is in active development again.

I expect most of the stuff we're interested in can be ported in easily. Certainly your Rapide works perfectly, as do those of Rob R's models I've tried.

Good luck.

Adrian Petford
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Adrian Petford »

robcarrich wrote:I now have all my FSX add ons installed into P3D and the the process went very smoothly.
I have even gone as far as compiling a new model using the P3D SDK with very few problems other than adding a few entries in the modeldef file and also adding the F18 gauge.

Ade I simply altered Nigel Richard’s confg. file as below, I’m no expert on the subject but it seems to work OK and the sounds are just superb
Thanks, Rob, that's great. All good for me too as well. I was a bit nervous taking her up with only one engine :lol:

Thanks to your advice I was also able to adapt a 2-engine soundset into 4 so my Short Empire is sounding a lot healthier now as well.

Good to hear the future's looking bright for your models in P3D. I've previously transferred your Vampires over with no problems and they fly brilliantly on the new platform. The only thing holding me back from moving over wholesale to P3D is the upgrade procedure which at the moment involves a full uninstall and reinstall. I expect doing this to the base engine on a regular basis could "break" any addons previously installed and I only want to have to transfer everything once. It's frustrating as I'd love to be flying P3D exclusively at this point but as soon as there's an auto-updater, I'm in.

Thanks a lot for your help.

robcarrich
Concorde
Concorde

Post by robcarrich »

New post BEA Ambassador model now available.
Peter Watkins is responsible for all the schemes and will be producing most of the better known liveries, the first of these being AUTAIR.
New model available at www.robertjamesrichardson.co.uk

Rob

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

Okay, you've done the AS.57, the AS.57 (Mk.2), does this mean you're going to also do the AS.57 Turbo?

robcarrich
Concorde
Concorde

Post by robcarrich »

No plans to Chris, they are both Mk2s’ by the way, it is just that after BEA service they sprouted a few extra aerials hence the new model.
Well that and the fact the stripe did not line up through the cargo door so the texture had to be remapped, it didnt show on the BEA aircraft.

Rob

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

The first two prototypes were Srs.1 although I'm not sure if the actual Srs.1 designation was applied to them as they just appear as Ambassadors without a srs.#... the production aircraft were srs 2.

The test bed was the second prototype (G-AKRD) and was a Srs.1 at least at the time of it's test bed work, although it might have become a srs.2 later, but I don't think so.

G-ALFR was the production prototype and the first Srs.2

Chris...by turbine do you mean Dart, Proteus, Elland or Tyne? *-)
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

Any/all would be fine with me. ;)