Airspeed Ambassador for FSX out now!

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

rohan
Trident
Trident

Re: Airspeed Ambassador for FSX out now!

Post by rohan »

Rob,
many, many thanks for this beautiful new model. Even more than that, I appreciate your comments on P3D since I have been trying for the last couple of weeks to find out whether version 1.3 supports any of the the carrier operations features in FSX Acceleration - all to no avail. I was particularly disappointed in the situation on the LM support forums, where it seems to me that they have a long way to go in learning just what "end user support" means. Anyway, I assume that your switch over to P3D coupled with your Sea Hornet, Sea Vampire and Sea Venom models means that there are no serious issues in the area of carrier takeoff and landing.

Again, many thanks for all your work and input here at CBFS,
regards,
Ro
Last edited by rohan on 14 Apr 2012, 14:13, edited 1 time in total.

SkippyBing
Concorde
Concorde

Post by SkippyBing »

Ro,

All the Acceleration carrier operation features work in P3D, that was the first thing I tested when I installed a copy. Additionally AI Carriers works quite happily with P3D so you can place carriers where ever you want them. More surprisingly all the radar and weapons functions I'd put in the Buccaneer S1 also worked which considering the mess of code that makes that happen is something of a relief.

Rob,

Nice work on the Ambassador I've been cruising around the UK in it in FSX and P3D at the expense of my own development work! One minor point, I think the min_gov_rpm setting in the propeller section of the aircraft.cfg might be too high? I couldn't get the RPM down to 2700 as per the POH until I'd lowered the value in the cfg to 1400 (that figure based on the work I'm doing on the Sea Fury and the wild assumption they'd be similar!).

robcarrich
Concorde
Concorde

Post by robcarrich »

Your quite right Skippy, Keith over at Britsim pointed that out to me, 1400 was also the figure he came up with.
I simply lifted the Prop section, with a few alterations, straight out of the DC3 confg.
The Post BEA Mk2 model confg.file is set at 1400.

Rob

Paolo Lao
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Paolo Lao »

Thanks Rob/ Authours :cheers: working superb on my all default FSX and acceleration Pack :thumbsup:

rohan
Trident
Trident

Post by rohan »

SkippyBing,
thank you muchly for that confirmation. Coincidentally, you've reminded me that I still want / need to buy the Buccaneer ...
regs,
Ro

Metalmaster
Lightning
Lightning

Post by Metalmaster »

shame its not for FS9.... :'( looks beautiful.
rc

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Don't worry Rui.. I still love the FS9 model and fly it often. We're spoilt by having too many good versions ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Metalmaster
Lightning
Lightning

Post by Metalmaster »

And to think that I purchased the manual, with lots of good visual references/drawings,
I have photos,lots of them, including copies from the British Airways Museum Archives in Heathrow, cockpit, galleys, cabin, elevators, tail, wheels and landing gears...for details.
I had everything going, Esa is in Japan, and I mailed him all the stuff in a hard disk, but something happened...he never replied.
I wish he would have just told me to p...o... that Caravelle took us 4 years.....I know how he feels as a designer....I know what I went
through texturing ...but I'd still love to have a proper Ambassador for FS9...oh well...thanks guys,
yes,one of my all time favorites, the Airspeed Ambassador !

rc

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Anyone know if theres a work around for the altimeter to work correctly on fsx without acceleration
Would like to use this aircraft on the va but the requirment to know the altitude is a bit of a prerequisite :lol: :lol:
Cheers
Dale
Image Image Image

DavidK
Victor
Victor

Post by DavidK »

Hi Dale,

With Rob's Twin Pioneer, I use Shift+Z to have FSX display altitude (along with other bits) in red numerals along a line at the top of its window. (Pressing Shift+Z again adds some more info, then pressing it once again removes it all.)

Hope that suffices,
David

PS I'm on the verge of buying and installing the Acceleration upgrade anyway, when (if) I upgrade Windows. It's only around £10 second-hand.