DH Heron Freeware

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

DH Heron Freeware

Post by Airspeed »

OK it's not payware, but where else could it fit?
It is not the best of models, the steering doesn't respond to rudders, he's asking if anyone can help.
Regardless, it's the first Heron I've come across, and I took it across mountains in British Columbia, landing safely.
So if anyone wants one before the CBFS version is released, you can find it at Flightsim.

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: DH Heron Freeware

Post by DaveB »

You sure it's at Flightsim.com Mike? I went through the first 220 files and couldn't see it so I searched for DH Heron and there's nothing new there :dunno: Post a filename if poss please ;)

Oh.. and it's Classic and British so it could have gone in the main forum even though it's not one of ours :thumbsup: (so moved)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

I wonder if it's this one? :dunno:
http://www.simviation.com/simviation/in ... =84&page=5

It's been out for a bit but I never downloaded it. There are some things in this world which I refuse to touch...and one of them is a de Havilland Heron with flat-six piston engines. Just plain unholy I tell ya.:lol:

Brian

Filonian
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Filonian »

I have these. The aircraft is one that Dee waldron made for AI and someone converted to a flyer, cant remember who now. I have dropped it into FSX, changed the prop textures and popped a panel in to get it to show.

The aircraft may be dated, 2004, but I have to say that it behaves beautifully both on the ground and in the air.

Graham
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

Yes I have flown a couple of flights in it on FS9. When I can get back to simming I will re-qualify and fly a few more.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Hi All, :$ :$ :$ :$ :$ :$
Sincere apologies to all.
It was Simviation.
It's the later model 20 with Lycoming engines, modified for FSX. I've since discovered a few variations. All seem to be follow ons from the Waldron model. Must say I agree with the above post; I don't like the look of the Lycomings, they're just not De Havilland!
Unfortunately, in my post surgical condition, the flights with the beautiful float Rapide around Greece, followed by my Canadian venture in the Heron took their toll, and I could not sit anywhere.
Spent the rest of my pre bed time standing, so never saw Dave's query.
Graham's screen shots give me hope of tracking down the Gypsy engined version.
Sorry again folks. :hide: :hide:

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

This Heron is the subject of the only paint I ever abandoned

After trying to make it look something like the subject with the paint actually finished, I binned the whole lot.

It is AI really and best viewed at a distance.

Quite why one paint above is actually that of a Devon is beyond me :lol:
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

And Srs1's have become Srs2 too :-O

No.. I don't want to take from the model as it is what it is.. AI, and for that it's fine ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Filonian
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Filonian »

Having just surfaced from a 02.15 return from a veery enjoyable Mass Mess somewhere in the north of England, I must say I didn't expect this.

Garry Russell wrote: Quite why one paint above is actually that of a Devon is beyond me :lol:
All the paints listed in the cfg are listed as "DH114-2B Heron"

DaveB wrote:And Srs1's have become Srs2 too DaveB B)
You are probably quite right, I am no expert, in fact I don't know my Srs1's and my Srs2's from my elbow.

It could quite well also be true that there are a few rivets missing and the odd oil stain issuing from the incorrect place as well.

Any post I make is with the intention of trying to help.

I am now going to go off into a corner and have a long sulk whilst waiting for my hangover to subside. I may or may not be back.

Graham
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I am no expert, in fact I don't know my Srs1's and my Srs2's from my elbow.
:lol: :lol:
You don't need to be an expert mate.. Srs1's have fixed undercarriage and Srs2's retractable undercarriage. If you want to push it a little further, the Srs2 is a bit faster because it's arms and legs don't dangle in the air ;)

I have DW's Heron as AI on my system doing the rounds up in Scotland :) I can understand folk wanting to make it a 'flyer' by adding a panel as a proper Heron is long overdue in the FS world. There would be a proper flyer available now were it not for a catalogue of bad luck precluding DelP finishing his Srs1 and Srs2. They may find their way out into the big wide world one day.. I sincerely hope so but until then.. simmers have to go with what they have ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage