DM's Comet and P3D

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Re: DM's Comet and P3D

Post by speedbird591 »

Thanks for that, David. It will save Ben looking for a solution that doesn't exist. The 1-11 is lovely to fly in Prepar3d and those switches are not needed quickly so can be easily accessed by toggling the panels.

Ian :)

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

David's 1-11 3D overhead works fine in FSX bar the APU start ( which cocks up the proper engine start procedure) :lol:
Must admit ive never tried switching to 2d to start it *-)
Regards
Dale
Image Image Image

chrisal
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by chrisal »

It does seem odd to me that, in the Comet, it is only a couple of gauges, both of which are on the same panel section (centre) - [Vcockpit02] and everything else works fine.
They are:
gauge37=DM_COMET!RADIO_SELECTOR, 220,509,77,74
gauge38=DM_COMET!ENGINE_SYNCHRONISER, 467,488,92,92

But I suppose that if others are seeing a similar problem in the 1-11 then it is a P3D problem.

Cheers
Chris

chrisal
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by chrisal »

Just a further thought. There is only one other clickable gauge on that Centre Panel [Vcockpit02] - the Gear Indicator at the top of the panel.
Guess what? That doesn't click either. So it seems it is the Centre Panel that is the common factor.
Now I'm not a panel expert but could any one else have a look to see if there is something unique (different) about it in the Panel config?

As far as I can see all other switches work elsewhere in David's amazing Comet cockpit.

Cheers
Chris

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by airboatr »

Try clicking the switch using your right mouse button

I found one model that had the same symptons (switch works in 2D but not VC) where the switch moves using right mouse button. .. amazingly enough. :dunno:

chrisal
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by chrisal »

Thanks airboatr but that doesn't do the trick either! It just brings up the right-click menu.
I'll shut up now (but quietly keep niggling away at it). If I ever discover why that panel does not respond in P3D I will report back. It may help with DM's other aircraft.
Cheers
Chris

chrisal
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by chrisal »

We'', I said I'd keep digging...
On the official LM P3D forum, clickspot problems in FS9/FSX VCs have been discussed. The LM guy has a complex technical view which leaves me for dead. He sums up with -

"1 US Dollar says that is the issue people are having, invisible cube nodes.... "

They get in the way apparently.

Cheers
Chris

The thread:
http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingle ... opic&t=966

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

Thanks for that info, Chris. Invisible Cube Nodes, eh? Nasty sounding little rascals, they are - getting in the way, like gremlins :lol:

There might not be a cure for them, but at least we've got something to blame!

Ian :)