DM's Comet and P3D

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

chrisal
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

DM's Comet and P3D

Post by chrisal »

Hi. I've successfully installed Mr Maltby's Comet 4 into P3D with just one odd snag. In the Virtual Cockpit two gauges on the centre panel do not work.
These are the Nav selector and the Engine sync knobs. They are unclickable for some reason. I don't remember if this was an issue at any time in FSX?
In all other respects it works just as in FSX.
Having now imported quite a few aircraft (old and new) and sceneries I believe P3D is going to be the way forward.
Cheers
Chris
Last edited by chrisal on 20 Sep 2012, 10:51, edited 1 time in total.

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Re: DM's Comet and P3D

Post by speedbird591 »

Hi Chris. I think I'm having the same with the 1-11. I've done a few flights and everything seems excellent but there are a couple of switches that I feel sure did something in FSX but don't in P3D. I'm not totally sure as I know a lot of the switches are inactive and I haven't flown it for a while in FSX :$

My suspicion is that DM's aircraft maybe used some default FS9 (FS2002?) gauges that didn't make it through to P3D. In theory, I suppose, you could just merge the FSX gauges folder with the P3D one to make sure all the gauges are moved across for anything that requires them. But I'm not brave enough to try it myself :lol:

You do it and let me know how you get on :thumbsup: :lol:

Ian :)

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Guys,

try going to the 2D panel first and then going back to the VC
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

chrisal
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by chrisal »

Nope - that didn't work. The switches work fine in the 2D panel but not at all in 3D either before or after switching between.
But thanks for trying!
Cheers
Chris

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

I've heard that if you get unclickable spots in the VC in P3D, if you pull the reflections slider back to Zero then it might fix it :)

chrisal
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by chrisal »

Not that either Peter - I've just tried it.
It's not a show-stoppper (I can switch to the 2D panel to use the knobs) but I suspect there is an answer out there somewhere...

Cheers
Chris

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Guys,

I've recompiled the DM_COMET.CAB file and it now loads in a few seconds which is a bonus, but the switches still don't work. The fact that they don't error indicates that its not broken as such, so I'll have a look at the xml later. Can you tell me which switches aren't working?

ImageImageImage

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

The 1-11 has a similar thing. Some switches work in 2D but not in 3D. I know you're working on the Comet for Chris, but if you find out what it is, perhaps there will be a similar fix for my little baby :worried:

The switches that work in 2D, but not in VC, in P3D are the following:

Altitude Alert, Thrust Index reset (click on the gauge to reset), Ram Air Valve and Safety Valve, Cabin Altitude set (both knobs) and Horn Cancel. All the switches on the Hydraulics panel.

The overhead panel works fine. And, as you say, I can always toggle to the 2D panel to operate the switches if I need to.

Ian :)

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Chaps,

I'll take a look over the weekend, just been told I need to be in London tomorrow so going to catch the 20:15 flight...

ImageImageImage

MALTBY D
The Gurus

Post by MALTBY D »

If the 2D panels work ok, then it's not likely to be anything in the xml code.
The 3D panels use the same gauges as the 2D panel in nearly every case.

I'd guess it must be some kind of clicking problem like Peter suggested.
I know there was a problem with clicking the 1-11 overhead in FSX. But Ian says that's ok in P3D. *-)
Probably something similar though, which unfortunately can't be cured without changes to the 3D models.

DM
ImageImage