Auster AOP.9 V2

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

T6flyer
VC10
VC10

Auster AOP.9 V2

Post by T6flyer »

Hello,

Some of you may have noticed that Dave Molyneaux has re-released some of his/our previous models over at Flightsim.com, including the Balliols and the Agricola. Downloads are going very well indeed. Yesterday, the Auster AOP.9 was released, but this one is rather different than the previous FS2004 model, having had a number of items changed and added, including new engine cowlings and the hydraulic sprung undercarriage fitted. As it says in the readme file, this aeroplane is now extremely close to the real XR240/G-BDFH. We used all of the manuals, I think I took over 400 photos of every nut and bolt and we had wonderful assistance from a number of AOP9 pilots (I myself have over 80 hours on type). Even the sound was recorded from the actual aeroplane - there can't be many simulator aircraft out there, so close to the real aeroplane modelled. Not just any AOP9 (as they can be different from personal experience), but this is XR240.

Martin

Myles
Lightning
Lightning

Re: Auster AOP.9 V2

Post by Myles »

Thanks for the heads-up, Martin. I saw it there last night but I didn't realise that it was an updated version. I'll go off and get it now.
Many thanks to you, Dave and the rest of the team, not only for modelling these for us in the first place, but also for revisiting them (at least the AOP-9 for now :) )

Best,
Myles

Filonian
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Filonian »

Agree with all Myles has said. :thumbsup: :welldone:

D/L it now

Graham
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Molyned
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Molyned »

Just to clear up a point - all the aircraft I'm re-releasing at Flightsim are modified / 'improved' versions to a certain extent although still primarily for FS9.
In the case of this AOP9 this has not been published previously but has been in my stable as my favourite Auster steed.
Cheers :cheers:
Dave M(oly)

Bob Lomas
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Bob Lomas »

In myArmy days I flew AOP 4/5/6. This model looks first class as is DGs J1 which fortunately is available for FSX. Is there any chance of your AOP9 becoming available for FSX?

BL.

Molyned
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Molyned »

Glad you like it.
Although the model performs tolerably well 'as -is' in FSX, I have no plans to totally rebuild it as a native FSX model.
Dave M(oly)

Bob Lomas
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Bob Lomas »

I would like to give it a try on mt FSX but how does one download it? I cannot find reference to it in CBFS.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

It's not here Bob.. check out www.flightsim.com . The thread describes how Dave uploaded them there after Britsim crashed :thumbsup:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Bob Lomas
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Bob Lomas »

Found it Dave and thank you. Recognised it right away as I have had your AOP 11 for some time. Both delightful models each with its own characteristics, I don't know which I prefer except the AOP 11 has a little more speed for cruising but it does need full boost at 2200 RPM (assumed correct as with AOP 9) to maintain a cruse speed of 116 KPH. Having fun with CATO (concealed approach and take-off) practice. For anyone interested in this kind of flying I recommend ‘Unarmed into Battle’ by General H. Parham and ‘Soldiers in the Air’ by Peter Meads.
Flying is more fun below the treetops.

Molyned
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Molyned »

Another satisfied customer ;)
BTW the AOP-9 was modelled on an existing aircraft at Eggesford airfield (Devon) and carefully vetted by my collaborator Martin who has plenty of stick-time on the real one. Only two prototype AOP-11's were built so very little information was available about its flight characteristics (i.e. a guess).
Dave M(oly)