Classic AI traffic poll

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Do you want classic AI traffic packages?

Yes
86%
No
14%

Total votes: 29

Andy B
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Classic AI traffic poll

Post by Andy B »

Hello all, just trying to find out whether you would make use of classic AI traffic packages. They would enable you to go back in time and fly among the 'real' planes. 8) I know we have RetroAI but I'm thinking bigger!

A project such as this may be started if there is enough interest. :grin: The 20's to early 90's will be included. I'll wait to see what the results are then I'll share my ideas. :smile:

Poll ends in 20 days

Cheers, Andy.
Last edited by Andy B on 25 Jun 2005, 20:38, edited 1 time in total.

lholmes
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by lholmes »

I voted No, because I would want the 1920's - 1940's only.

If those were to be included, I would change my vote to a resounding YES!
Lee Holmes

"Life is a game, where the object of the game is to figure out what the object of the game is."

Andy B
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Andy B »

1920's eh? I'm sure that can be arranged. :smile: Dunno where we'd get flight data from though lol. :-?

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

I think you would need some easy way to swap between packages. You don't want VC10s flying with Rapides. Need some period airfields too...

Sounds good though. :smile:
Dave G.

Andy B
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Andy B »

Hi Dave, yes your right, I've been thinking about this one. Some kind of program would be needed. :roll: :lol:

lholmes
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by lholmes »

There's some 1930's flightplan information, etc at these sites.

http://www.europeanairlines.no/

http://www.timetableimages.com/index.htm

For the USA, you might try

http://www.calclassic.com/

they have some AI and flightplans for the 1940's and up.
Lee Holmes

"Life is a game, where the object of the game is to figure out what the object of the game is."

Angus
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Angus »

If you can help me to get Tridents, VC10s (and 707s/DC-8s and stuff on the other side of the pond for realism purposes) et al flying around without having to devote my entire life to this aim then yes! Also, would it be possible to switch between classic and modern day? I like my modern AI flying around from Traffic 2004 when I'm flying modern aircraft, but then if I could switch to classic for when I'm recreating VC10, Trident, 1-11, etc. flights that would be unbelievable! :grin:
"The wisest man is not the one who knows the most, but the one who realises he knows the least."

Angus

igorski
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by igorski »

I have a few of the DC6 / 7 and other types of that era in the repaint hanger just now, so any your thinking of let me know and I'll see if I can add them to the list, or have them done already! 8)

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Hey Igorski

How about - DC7s - Dan AIr
TMAC
and for the US - TransCon and TPI
Early 70's - Aer Turas

DC6 - Eagle

Also -- Ace Freighters DC4 and Connie

Just a thought

Leif

Andy B
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Andy B »

igorski wrote:I have a few of the DC6 / 7 and other types of that era in the repaint hanger just now, so any your thinking of let me know and I'll see if I can add them to the list, or have them done already! 8)
Hi Andy (another one! :grin: ), do you know whether the DC6/7 is an AI model? I hope to get some new modellers on board to create missing aircraft otherwise we hope to use other developers models - with their permission of course. 8)

Btw, the website for this project is coming along nicely, can't reveal any details but it will have an era theme. :smile: As soon as this is just about finished then we'll be needing volunteers, all will be explained laters.