HS 748 Help

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Ant1981
Victor
Victor

HS 748 Help

Post by Ant1981 »

Hello there,

It's been a while since I've flown the HS748 but I have been flying again this lovely aircraft.

Everything has been going fine, until a few days ago. For some reason unknown, I can't start the engines. Usually I can start them fine, but now I have to use CTRL-E to test they start, which they do, but the electrical system appears to be non functional. Fuel gauges appear empty, altenators won't start.

I can't see why things have changed now. I am on FSX, but have had no issue what so ever until now. I have read the manual over and over and can't see what now it is I'm missing.

Thanks in advance.
I like this flight simming, it's fun.....

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Re: HS 748 Help

Post by Garry Russell »

Not sure what's happening, but CTRL won't get it going properly as it uses bespoke code.
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

Ant1981
Victor
Victor

Post by Ant1981 »

Indeed, it is very strange, it appears to do exactly the same with the Andover. It's much like a global electrical fault as nothing at all works, it isn't doing it on other aircraft though.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

First of all, are you loading the sim with the default Cessna or Aerotrike? What happens when you work through the procedures? If you've loaded with a default aircraft, and then work through the procedures within the cockpit you cant go far wrong. At which point in the procedures does it not work? You get the nice tick after each step is complete, so can you point us in the direction of which step it stops working at? ;)
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Ant1981
Victor
Victor

Post by Ant1981 »

TSR2 wrote:First of all, are you loading the sim with the default Cessna or Aerotrike? What happens when you work through the procedures? If you've loaded with a default aircraft, and then work through the procedures within the cockpit you cant go far wrong. At which point in the procedures does it not work? You get the nice tick after each step is complete, so can you point us in the direction of which step it stops working at? ;)
Hello, I did try that actually, loading the default aircraft and going through each stage, but again, nothing appears to work. I'm just trying it again now with the BAC1-11 just to be sure and that is working fine, but when I go back to the HS748, it's not happy.

I'm just trying to think here what has changed since two days ago...

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

How for do you get through the procedures, do any of them work, or is it just the engine starting? There's something in the back of my head that engine starting had to be done from the 2D panel, but I may be confusing it with something else.

ImageImageImage

Ant1981
Victor
Victor

Post by Ant1981 »

TSR2 wrote:How for do you get through the procedures, do any of them work, or is it just the engine starting? There's something in the back of my head that engine starting had to be done from the 2D panel, but I may be confusing it with something else.
How about this, after your suggestion to try and start in 2D, as soon as I enter 2D the fuel gauges fill up and the electrical system starts to work. I can't say I've ever had to be in 2D at all before to get this to work. How about that eh.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

There was something funny, but couldn't remember what it was. I think its as simple as load the sim, go to 2D and then back to VC and you should get everything to work :)

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I couldn't remember that until you mentioned it Ben :lol:

Not necessary in FS9 btw.. just FSX ;)
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Viscount Cornbank
The Gurus

Post by Viscount Cornbank »

I think I'm right in saying that you don't have to do that on the updated panel, might be wrong though. If not you can move the processing gauges to the VC section of the panel cfg. Which loads irrespective of which cockpit you start in. ;)

Cheers
Fraser