AI Traffic Generator Program

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Col1948
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

AI Traffic Generator Program

Post by Col1948 »

During my search for ai aircraft I saw some posts about this program, also an AI GA Generator, has anybody used any of these, I was am in the process of adding some AI and it is a long job, I was hoping this might fill the skies a bit and save me a lot of time?

Col1948
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Re: AI Traffic Generator Program

Post by Col1948 »

With reference to my above post, I downloaded and installed both programs and I've pointed them both to the new Classic installation of FS9 but neither of them are working properly.
The Traffic Generator program seemed to be working at first it found all my aircraft but failed to find the airports and so obviously couldn't generate any flightplans.
The GA generator was similar, I got fed up trying to get them to work.

So if any of you have used either of them please help.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Can't comment Col.. not heard of either program I'm afraid *-)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Col1948
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Col1948 »

I found some comments about it on another forum, apparently it's been out a few years and the majority were raving about it saying how good it was, there was the odd few who had problems but seemed to sort them out and they too said it was great.

I Renamed my original FS and then renamed the Classic one back to FS9 thinking the program might recognise it better but up to now no joy.

Col1948
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Col1948 »

YES!
I got the GA AI Generator working now, it is fantastic, it has saved me lots of time doing flight plans and it has filled my skies.

It has the facility to add airliner types as ai so they too can be generated, and if you add a flyable it asks if you want to make it an ai.
Any aircraft you wish not to be included you just delete them from the generator, they are not deleted from the sim.
You can set the % as well so if your default % for airliners is set for say 50% you can have this set for 20% or whatever you choose.

Now the reason why it didn't work well I'm red faced. I need my eyes testing, I have FS loaded on an external HD which if F: and I was directing this program to E: so no wonder it couldn't find the sim doh! :lol:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Wood + Trees = blindness :lol: We've all done it ;)

It sounds like a freeware version of say Traffic360 or MyTraffic and FREE is good.. especially when it works :thumbsup: TBH.. I only have to move out of my normal environment (Cornwall) and I risk getting an ai.player.dll error when I shut FSX down.. wherever else I am. I have airliners down to around 10% and have renamed all the default tubeliners so that they don't show but this problem won't go away 8)

Glad you got there in the end ;)
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

johnhinson
Victor
Victor

Post by johnhinson »

This is the only GA AI Generator I know of, which seems to be different to that mentioned above:
http://www.library.avsim.net/search.php ... &Go=Search

It may have been for FS2002 but still does the job well. The features I like about it are realistic registrations and the ability to limit GA flights to sensible times of day.

Hope this is of interest.

John

Col1948
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Col1948 »

Hi John,

Yes it is the same one but the one I got must be updated as it is for FS9, thank you for the interest mate, I'm the same Col that contacted you on FlightSim in a PM not long ago by the way. ;)

I was playing about with the program earlier today, I fathomed out a few more things like subtracting and adding certain aircraft to be generated, it is a great add-on.

johnhinson
Victor
Victor

Post by johnhinson »

Col1948 wrote:Hi John,

Yes it is the same one but the one I got must be updated as it is for FS9, thank you for the interest mate, I'm the same Col that contacted you on FlightSim in a PM not long ago by the way. ;)

I was playing about with the program earlier today, I fathomed out a few more things like subtracting and adding certain aircraft to be generated, it is a great add-on.
Greetings Col, didn't realise you were one and the same - sorry. Memory isn't so good these days, not for the useful things anyway.

Sounds like the version you have is streaks ahead of my one, although mine does what it does just fine for my needs. I always thought it was a stagnant product, good to know it has stayed with the times.

John