HS-748 fuel issue

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Shaun
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

HS-748 fuel issue

Post by Shaun »

Hi all!
Having an issue with Rick's HS-748 in Fsx, with the updated 2B 'sperry' panel. For some reason the aircraft only seems to be drawing fuel from the left tank and the right tank remains full!

Any ideas? The crossfeed doesn't seem to do anything I click it and it returns to the off position.

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: HS-748 fuel issue

Post by DaveB »

Hi Shaun :hello:

I'm very out of practice with the 748.. especially in FSX but I remember it has to be initialised in the 2D panel first. Are you running it up this way first.. before going to the VC?
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Shaun
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Shaun »

The aircraft loaded into the 2D cockpit. I then switched to the 3D cockpit and began my flight from cold and dark. Everything started fine but the fuel isn't right... Is there a way to put the crossfeed on in the 2D?

Shaun
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Shaun »

Also tried assigning a key command to fuel crossfeed. This doesn't work either.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hmm.. can't see why this is happening. Rick was up a few mins ago too.. I hoped he'd have dived it :lol: Is the problem unique to the panel you are using? I don't remember there being a problem with this before.. certainly not in FS9 as we flew the pants off it before release.

I'll see if I can find a copy of the default FS9 model (FSX version) and see what happens :)

Rgr your last ;)
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Shaun :hello:

Right.. this is in no way a definitive test AND.. I used the default panel (the one that came with the model). Started with the default Cessna and cut the fuel. Selected the 748 and ran it up using the 2D panel. Everything started and worked fine. Kept a close eye on the fuel contents and throughout.. there was only a difference of some 3-4lbs.. this being the extra used on the engine I started first. Unless the engines are running a fair bit out of sync.. you shouldn't really need the crossfeed.. as I'm sure you'll appreciate :)
Can you point me to exactly where you got the panel you're using. I'm using the model/panel available in our library.

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Shaun
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Shaun »

Bugger. Sounds about right. My previous aircraft was the Carenado 404 and it had a fuel selector for each tank...

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

That could be it mate. Some models will stand the 5 card trick but others tend to like a default model loaded first. I always start the sim with a default aircraft.. usually the Cessna but sometimes.. the default Bell. Pain in the butt this can be, you get used to it and it tends to clear a lot of ill's before they begin ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Shaun
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Shaun »

Ok you were spot on Dave!
I switched to the Cessna 172 and changed the central fuel selector from left to both. The HS now feeds from both tanks :)

Shaun
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Shaun »

Update: Still broken. I load into the 172 and switch the tank to both. Then load the HS-748 and still only draws from one tank. To test this I added a fuel selector gauge.
Loaded the Cessna again and was on left tank. Switched to both again. Loaded HS-748 and still only drawing from the left. The fuel selector gauge added also says left but I can not turn it at all; it just clocks back to left.