A bunch of Rapides

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Okami
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

A bunch of Rapides

Post by Okami »

Hi all,

Never been the type for self-promotion, but I've been throwing some repaints for the FS9 Dave Garwood Dragon Rapide onto Flightsim.com (I would have submitted the same onto Britsim too, but that doesn't seem to be working for me lately). I also might rework them for the FSX version at a later date.

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: A bunch of Rapides

Post by DaveB »

Hello Matey..

Yes.. I've seen a few and grabbed the RN paint. I use DG's FS9 Rapide as AI in FSX and now have a lovely Culdrose model on the ramp there :thumbsup: In case you missed the VA forum.. there are a load of paints for the FS9 model there. I did them years ago but they're better than a poke in the eye ;)
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Okami
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Okami »

Yes, I've quite enjoyed those repaints, Dave - the Alderney one has flown quite a few service from Jersey and Guernsey into Alderney on my installation! :3

Glad to hear somebody likes them, though! I guess I'll better paint up some more Fleet Air Arm Dominies then? ;)

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol:

There are a few Rapide paints stemming from a long time ago that could do with a revisit so you've plenty to aim at :thumbsup:
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Tomliner
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by Tomliner »

Thanks for those.Only had time for a quick look o far,but I grabbed the Luton Airways livery.Dave,I must remember to have a butchers at the schemes that you mentioned. :thumbsup: EricT
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!

Okami
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Okami »

I might do that, but I'm first of all aiming at schemes which have never been done before.

And I found a doozy today, after a stroke of luck I happened to hit upon a picture of a Dragon Rapide which flew in Indochina in 1960 - and in colour, too! :3

But yes, the list is long - I've got two Aero O/Y Rapides in the pipeline, and one of the Heller schemes, as well as a Rapide of Flugfélag Islands (Icelandair) - and more planned.

And lots of Brits too, of course. Airviews, Air Enterprises, plenty of schemes which never seem to have been painted before!

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Good work. Keep it up. :thumbsup:
Dave G.