Attn. Peter Watkins ( MilesMan )

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Attn. Peter Watkins ( MilesMan )

Post by Paul K »

Peter, I was wondering whether you take requests for repaints - specifically, any one of four for the Just Flight Chipmunk:

WG304 Oct 1970
WP861 June 1971
WD285 June 1971
WD384 May 1973

Before I look for photos for reference, I thought I'd check whether you could do one for me. :)

MilesMan
Lightning
Lightning

Re: Attn. Peter Watkins ( MilesMan )

Post by MilesMan »

Paul,
Apologies for not responding before - have only just seen the post. Yes of course I will have a go for you. Let me know which one you want and pics would be handy (will see if I already have some for the serials you mention).

regards, Peter

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Peter, not at all - very glad to hear from you ! :)

I've had a brief look on the web for colour pictures of the four aircraft, and WP861 seems to figure largely. Apparently it was the aircraft that the Duke of Edinburgh learned to fly in. I had no idea I'd sat in the same bucket seat as Phil the Greek. It has strange black strips either side of the fuselage roundel, and I'm not sure of the significance of those.

Do you have anything of the other three aircraft in your collection ? If not, I'll look for more of WP861 - she still flies in the USA, reg N861WP.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

A further search doesn't bring up much more of the four aircraft; there is this one, but it seems just a generic paint scheme of the period, with no squadron badges etc:

I think we'll leave it be. Thanks anyway, Peter. :)