dsb buccaneer

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

anels9
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

dsb buccaneer

Post by anels9 »

Does someone have the dsb buccaneer please. I've been looking everywhere for it but no luck.

Regards
Alex

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Re: dsb buccaneer

Post by Airspeed »

Alex,
From discussions at SOH, it sounds like you are better off with another version..........

Was this the one that was part of the UK Fighters pack?

The pack also included a Phantom.

There are reveis if you google DSB UK fighters pack, but I can not see anywhere that still sells it.

Alphasim have a freeware Buccaneer on their site and UKmil have the Bucc too if that helps.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message
April 6th, 2009, 05:09 #5
EMatheson
Charter Member 2016

From the modelling and texturing styles, it is fairly clear that this is a DSB product, not merely distributed thereby...
However, the models and textures are clearly early DSB work... as in the original DSB freeware Tornado (not the ex-payware one) the texturing quite one-dimensional and the modelling, while poly-heavy, is more smooth than detailed...
in short, it is dated and you should look for your Buccaneers and Phantoms in newer packages if you insist on detailing and, perhaps more importantly for some, VCs. None of the aircraft have VCs.

Packages contents include a Buccaneer and Phantoms FG.1 and FG.2, each in many (MANY!) liveries and many (MANY!) loadouts.

The package is now freeware, but available only through P2P distribution - it can never be put up for download anywhere.
I have a copy I am willing to send to others, but, as I have said, the models are dated... and I am sure that IRIS would prefer you used their newer Phantoms to their older ones!

"Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." - 2 Nephi 31:20

Mormon.org

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message
April 6th, 2009, 06:02 #6
Cees Donker
Charter Member 2016

Thumbs up

This was a dissapointing package! No VC, which was promised. It never came....

:argue:

Cees "

Whilst at AVSIM:
ematheson

Members
334 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:56 PM

checking as I type whether or not I still have it...

I do have it. The installer is 27.2 Mbs, so a tad big to send via normal email. What would work for you, then?

#7 [Finding the DSB Buccaneer: post #7] xv232

Members
20 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 03:08 PM

Thanks for your reply ematheson, the file does appear to be quite large as you say, but I wonder if it would work via PM? I'm not quite sure how to do that and whether you can attach files or not, but maybe it could work through that system!

Thanks for all of your support! :Star:

(If it doesn't work I'll send you a e-mail address to send it to as a last resort) :lol:

anels9
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by anels9 »

i would still like the dsb one if you have it please

Henk Schuitemaker
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Henk Schuitemaker »

Alex, I found the "DSB - Royal Armed Forces Virtual UK Fighters Double Pack" in my archive, it contains the Buccaneer and the Phantom. I can put the file in the cloud and give you the download link - just send me a PM.

cheers, Henk