Rob Richardson Scimitar F1 released.

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Filonian
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Rob Richardson Scimitar F1 released.

Post by Filonian »

Many thanks Dave

Graham
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

blanston12 wrote:
airboatr wrote:If someone could point me in the right direction to get holt of Rob to submit my request for the dl link, I'd be much obliged.

Joe
Same here, I tried contacting him using two different methods but got no answer.
Joe.
I feel so left out.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Joe..

Due to the problems folk were having downloading it via direct link, Rob put it up on his website. Nip over there.. go to the jets page and you should be good to go :thumbsup:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

There were enough layers of Henk's XD321 194/C on the PK for me to throw them onto the EDSG layer..

Available HERE

Keep Henk's original folder.. make a new folder inside it called Original (or something suitable) then drop his original maps into the new folder for safe keeping. Drop the ones from the zip into the main texture.XD321 folder and you're good to go :thumbsup:
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

spatialpro
Concorde
Concorde

Post by spatialpro »

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone here has TacPack installed and has it functioning with the Scimitar? I have both but I've yet to get things to go whiz or bang! :lol:

Andy

Formerly "Airtrooper"

i9-10900KF, 64Gb RAM,
RTX 3090, HP Reverb G2, Win10 Pro 64-bit
Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Saitek X52 Pro

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Andy..

What do I need to do to get bangers to bang? I'll re-initialize TP and have a go for you. Although I have it, I've never tried to shoot at anything with it :lol:

EDIT: I've had a look Andy and nothing banged or whooshed though to be honest.. I don't really know what I'm doing. I see no way to choose guns, Matra or Sidewinder so to have any chance of getting this to work.. I see some reading is required. Sri I can't be of more help.

EDIT#2: Hmm.. I had another go and looked outside while I was shift+Ctrl+V'ing. I noticed smoke so I was obviously shooting something.. I presume the Adens as I saw nothing flying out of the Matra pods. At some point in the distance, there was also splashes where whatever it was was hitting the sea. This was happening some way off where I was expecting to see it!! How the hell are you supposed to aim :dunno:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Chaps..

A cautionary note for those of you wishing to take the Scimitar further than down to the shops and back.. DON'T :lol: A few days go, I decided to take it from Culdrose to Lossie. I wasn't really paying attention to much.. just goofing and enjoying the ride. Suddenly.. all went quiet :-O I quickly pulled up a map to check the distance travelled and I'd made just short of 290nm 8)

You can check data until the cows come home so I went with one set of figures and took it from there. With the set chosen, range is listed as 1422miles at FL350/M0.79. Assuming this is with 4 drop tanks (which the model doesn't have).. the Scimitar should do some 810 miles +/- without drop tanks on the 1064gal internal tanks. A quick check in the cfg showed the centre tank held 350gal (US I presume) and a further 200gal in what is listed as an external tank. 1064Imp gall works out at 886USG so you can see already that 550USG listed in the cfg is woefully short so crank up the centre tank to read..

center1 = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 680, 0.0

This will give you 880USG in total. I tried various changes to the fuel_scalar but with the additional fuel in centre1 tank, it can be left alone. You should get a comfortable distance above 810miles but don't push it too far ;)

I also noted while doing this test, the lower fuel gauge (for the indicated external tank) runs backwards. It starts at full and runs to empty (clockwise) thru to full and rests at empty before the centre tank gauge begins to fall (which it does correctly). The Mach meter is incorrectly indexed too having 5 index marks between whole numbers instead of 4. I must have a Friday afternoon job :lol:

EDIT: I've just done a range check with real weather dialled in and having the correct fuel/release fuel_scalar combination.. I estimate you'll be good for around 1030nm. I had a 30kt+ tailwind for the trip but even so.. it would seem to be a bit lean. Feel free to increase the fuel_scalar (from 1.0 to 1.2 would be a good start) but I'm not going to bother :cpu:
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage