DMFS BAC 1-11 FSX Upgrade

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Re: DMFS BAC 1-11 FSX Upgrade

Post by Aharon »

DaveB,

Did I make mistake with my two questions?

Regards,

Aharon

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Well..

I don't have Bjoern's version so can't comment on that. IF your speed is much too high in descent, could it be that your RoD is too high and/or your ToD too short? I have close on 100hrs VA flying in the 1-11 and on the VA.. you are limited to 250kias below FL100. The 1-11 will 'run away' if you let it. The knack is to not let it!

As you're so disappointed with the FS9 1-11.. why don't you just download Bjoern's update :dunno:

EDIT: Oh.. and the 1-11 didn't have fin logo lights

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

DaveB wrote:Well..EDIT: Oh.. and the 1-11 didn't have fin logo lights
Okay thanks for letting me know.
DaveB wrote:As you're so disappointed with the FS9 1-11
No no I was NOT disappointed. I was satisfied with it. I thought the new DMFS BAC 1-11 FSX offers better flying dynamics via FSX upgrade unless you tell me it has same aircraft.cfg as FS9 version and the upgrade was focused solely on the cockpit panel.
DaveB wrote: you are limited to 250kias below FL100. The 1-11 will 'run away' if you let it. The knack is to not let it!
I did that but when it went 1,000 fpm or 1,500 fpm descent, the speed went up too fast. But that is ok. Practice makes perfect during further BAC 1-11 flights in future anyway.

Regards,

Aharon

Bjoern
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Bjoern »

The flight dynamics were not changed in any way except for the engine spool time.

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

Bjoern,

Thanks for answering the question.

Regards,

Aharon

Highlander_821
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Highlander_821 »

I had the updated 111 installed in FSX and it is fantastic. I recently got a new system for FSX and decided to go with a standalone FSX-Steam install. The 111 is installed and working great (with Bjoern's excellent mods) but the smoke effect isn't working. I doublechecked that the fx_smoke_f6 file is in the effects folder, and the line in the aircraft file is there. Any ideas? Difference in xml code between the two versions of FSX?

Can anyone verify if they have smoke in FSX-Steam with the new effect?

Bjoern
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Bjoern »

Highlander_821 wrote:I had the updated 111 installed in FSX and it is fantastic. I recently got a new system for FSX and decided to go with a standalone FSX-Steam install. The 111 is installed and working great (with Bjoern's excellent mods) but the smoke effect isn't working. I doublechecked that the fx_smoke_f6 file is in the effects folder, and the line in the aircraft file is there. Any ideas? Difference in xml code between the two versions of FSX?

Can anyone verify if they have smoke in FSX-Steam with the new effect?
As on Avsim: The out-of-the-box DX10 mode may ruin the rendering of some effects.

There is absolutely no difference in handling XML code between FSXMS and FSXSE.

Bjoern
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Bjoern »

Found and fixed a bug in the smoke system trigger gauge. The updated aircraft can be downloaded from the same link as in post #1.

Vancouver
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vancouver »

Bjoern wrote:Found and fixed a bug in the smoke system trigger gauge. The updated aircraft can be downloaded from the same link as in post #1.
Quick work, thanks Bjoern
Alex