Lancaster paints

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

JensOle
Meteor
Meteor

Lancaster paints

Post by JensOle »

I have done a repaint pack for the FCS Lancaster. The FCS products have got a lot of critics, but I were very pleasantly surprised over the FCS Lancaster. It is a nice model indeed.

-B.I "KM-B" No 44 Sqn RAF, 1942.
Flown by Sqn Leader John Nettleton on the famous Augsburg raid. Only surviver from 44 Sqn.

-B.I "KC-H" No 617 Sqn RAF, 1944

-B.I "KC-D" No 617 Sqn RAF, 1944
Flown by Wg Cdr Tait with Tallboy bomb for the 3rd and final attack on Tirpitz on November 12th 1944.

-B.I "KC-M" No 617 Sqn RAF, 1945
Flown by Flt Lt Lancey loaded with Tallboy bomb on the attack at the Neinburg rail bridge on 22 March 1945.
Attacked by Me-262, but survived with damage to the nose.

-B.I (S) "YZ-O" No 617 Sqn RAF, 1945
Used to drop the massive Grand Slam and Tallboy bombs on high value targets in Germany during the last months of the war.

-B.I FE "WS-S" No 9 Sqn RAF, 1946
"Black/white "Tiger force" scheme.Together with No 617 Sqn it was deployed to India in 1946 to cover departing British troops as India gained independence.

-B.I FE "TL-F" No 35 Sqn RAF, 1946
"Black/white "Tiger force" scheme. Took part in "Operation Goodwill", a coast to coast visit to the USA.

A big thank to Dave Q for letting me use his paintkit! It was a great starting point for my own interpretation of details and colours.

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Lancaster paints

Post by DaveB »

Cheers JensOle :thumbsup: I've been wearing my mouse out by checking back at SoH every 10mins to see if they're in the library yet!! :lol:

Beautiful work as always :rock:
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

JensOle
Meteor
Meteor

Re: Lancaster paints

Post by JensOle »

Thanks!

I got the confirmation that it was approved for the soh library, so I think it should be available.