HS748 Nav Lights

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

emb110
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

HS748 Nav Lights

Post by emb110 »

installed the HS 748 with panel v6 but nav lights are in the wrong position, landing lights are ok. Any help pls.
PS using prepar3d v3
Yes I know there is a problem with prepar3d but just wondering if anyone found a fix?

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: HS748 Nav Lights

Post by DaveB »

Sri mate.. I've just loaded the 748 up in FSX and the nav lights are in the correct position. Believe me when I say this model has been run enough and is old enough for something as mundane as incorrect nav light positions to have been addressed a very long time ago.
What sim are you using it in?
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

emb110
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by emb110 »

Running Prepar3d v3

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Yikes :-O

I'm afraid I can't help with P3D in any flavour and don't know enough about it to say if it would have any affect on the nav's. Can't see how it would :dunno:

Can any P3D users out there try the 748 and check the nav light positions for me?? They were bang on in FS9 and are the same in FSX.
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

emb110
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by emb110 »

Re: HS-748 working in P3Dv2.5?

Postby Chad556 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 00:37

final report: The plane does fly, and it flies well in P3d v2.5 The issues however, are noted below:

1. Virtual cockpit is not functional. No click spots. Can be used for looks only.
2. Landing lights are not functional, nor are the taxi lights. Night flying is not recommended
3. Nav, beacon, and tail light are not positioned correctly and appear as floating "light orbs" away from the aircraft.
4. GSX cannot be used due to the GPU registering as a 3rd engine.

This was posted in 2015 re HS-748 working in P3Dv2.5?

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Well.. VC click spots not working in P3D (certain flavours) is far from unknown. As LM change P3D.. they move compatibility further away. FSX Native models will work ok but this was made for FS9 with no pretence at being for anything else.
I've absolutely no idea why P3D is pushing the navs out of position. Do you?? As I said above, they're correct in FS9 and correct in FSX.
GSX can't be used because it uses a third engine as the APU. No comment 8)

I'm afraid it is what it is matey. It's a model made for FS9 and works with the usual caveats in FSX. It seems that P3D is a sim too far. Sorry.
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

emb110
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by emb110 »

no problem will try to adjust the lights through the aircraft. cfg and will let you know how it goes
Thanks for your replies

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Okey dokey ;)

Thinking about VC click spots in P3D.. as this model is FS9 and has the VC built into the aircraft.mdl (rather than a separate VC.mdl as in FSX).. I'm pretty certain that this happens with all old models in the new sim.
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

With P3d, VC clickspots don't work for any gauges placed via the panel.cfg, but 3d modelled parts such as levers do work.
No idea about the nav lights. :dunno:
Dave G.

Effoh
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Effoh »

I tried adjusting the nav lights through the aircraft.cfg in P3D some time ago with no joy. I presume they are built into the model and that's way beyond my understanding! I just don't look outside too often :lol: You can get round the clickspots by popping open the 2d panels.

HTH
Rgds,

Colin
Gentleman (n.) Someone who knows how to play the bagpipes, but doesn't